Feed your Freezer - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 04-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I really need to get going. After I get the containers, I'm going to roast a chicken and make some pot pies with the leftovers, and freeze those. Then maybe next week I'll do meatloaves. I figure if I freeze one or two meals a week I'll be set by May 25th (since I am expecting to be on time again, plus last time we were given a lot of food by friends and colleagues.).

You guys are inspirational!
#32 of 37 Old 04-13-2005, 04:38 PM

Rainbowbird, Lots of "mexican" dishes freeze easily, enchiladas, beans, if yo can tolerate them post partum (I craved them) they are quick, easy , and reheat well. Also, chili, and you can regulate the heat. You might consider baking a bunch of chicken breast and individually freezing them for those late night snack attacks. Also, fruit muffins for snacking.
#33 of 37 Old 04-13-2005, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Chicken for a late night snack attack? Theres an idea, I only thought of doughnuts, frozen pizza, chocolate shakes etc when I had late night snack attacks w preg! :LOL

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#34 of 37 Old 04-14-2005, 01:34 PM

Definitely pizza for pregnancy, but I needed some protein late at night when I was nursing and a piece of chicken went down real easy and wasn't messy or anything.
#35 of 37 Old 04-14-2005, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

chicken is very good idea for nursing. Its funny, once the baby was out, I craved high protein and veggies- all good foods. I could eat all I want and I kept shrinking everyday. My husband called me the incredible shrinking woman. Thats one of hundreds of great things about nursing.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#36 of 37 Old 04-15-2005, 04:51 PM

Me, too. I kinda plateaued around 10 months, then at 1 year, it started dropping again. I guess a nursing toddler can really suck the lbs off.
#37 of 37 Old 04-15-2005, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlkm2e
Me, too. I kinda plateaued around 10 months, then at 1 year, it started dropping again. I guess a nursing toddler can really suck the lbs off.
no pun intended?!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page