what are your favorite meal planning services? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2005, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
i need a service that gives complete meals, main dish, veg, grain. meat is ok, but meatless is good too. and it has to come with a complete shopping list, or i am lost. i found one that was free, but it called for some less than natural ingredients, and nothing sounded very appetizing. i never tried a single recipe.

so natural recipe ideas, not too expensive ingredients, and shopping lists. i dont mind repeating every month, but every 3 months is good too. and a recipe for 6 is great. i have 2 kids, so i can freeze half of each meal and cook half the number of times, or even better, eat the leftovers the next day for lunch. oh, and i love my crockpot, so any kind of cp or one-dish meal is desirable.

if such a thing does not exist, is there anyone here that would do this for me for a small fee? i have major brain fog from my fibromyalgia, and lately i run into the HFS every day or so, grab whatever looks good, and $350 in food stamps is gone in 3 weeks. i need it to last the whole month.

forgot to say: am i asking too much for one that uses alternative grains like millet and quinoa? :LOL

Bring back the old MDC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2005, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
savingdinner.com is good- it costs but you can cancel after a while anyway, so you don't have to keep paying for new receipies forever. And they have some free ones on their sight too, I think. You can make substitutions, so if you want to use a certain kind of grain I'm sure you could.

Single mom of 2 boys
Old 06-29-2005, 10:23 AM

I just subscribed, so I don't have any experience really, but "Just Tell Me What To Cook" looks like it's perfect for me.

The mama that runs it is a member here and she uses mostly whole foods in her QUICK easy recipes.

Just Tell Me What To Cook

I think the menus get emailed Fridays, so I'm making some recipes from the site until then. Trying the coconut chicken tonight....sounds YUMMMMY!!

edited to add: AND IT'S FREE!!!

edited to add: Just realized it doesn't do side dishes....
Old 07-06-2005, 12:41 PM

Hey I like that link. I want to try it. :-)

User Tag List