3.5 year old lunch ideas... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-20-2005, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone!
My son is starting pre-school in a couple of weeks and I have no ideas as to what to pack him for lunch. At home we usually just eat leftovers for lunch that we reheat. At pre-school they do not heat anything, you have to send it cold items with an ice pack or packaged stuff. We eat very healthy, mostly organic. Meat/chicken/fish (we do organic sources) ideas are fine too, we are not vegetarians. My son has no allergies and likes anything we feed him, usually. Thank you so much!

Amy

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#2 of 2 Old 09-03-2005, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 3yo dd is not much of an eater to begin with and it took some experimenting to see what she liked to eat at school. But these are the things she did actually eat - cherry tomatoes, plums, grapes, avocado (pretty messy), organic "go-gurts", organic string cheese, pb&j sandwich, turkey slices (no bread).
At this age she is really more of a grazer and doesn't require "lunch" sized portions. She usually snacks again when she gets home after lunch but before her afternoon nap. Keep in mind you can also use a thermos to keep things warm when the cold weather comes - soups are great to warm the belly and you can squeeze some more helping of veggies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page