Mothering Forum banner

breadmaker recipes

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  courtenay_e 
#1 ·
hello,
just purchased a breadmaker, 2ndhand so hope it works ok, and i'm looking for a website with some recipes. Anyone have a favourite site?
thanks!

#2 ·
:

I LOVE my breadmaker!! I've only used recipes that came with it (bought it at a garage sale, but they had all the manuals still - amazing!).

Bob's Red Mill has some bread machine recipes:
http://www.bobsredmill.com/recipe/

Just choose "bread" in the first drop down list, and then search for "machine". I haven't tried 'em, but I bet they're good. I love Bob's products!

#3 ·
Okay, I didn't get mine on-line. I went to Borders, got a cup of tea, took a notebook, and copied the best looking ones down. I seem to remember the best ones coming from "The Man's Bread Machine Book" or something close to that title. I got great ones from there for whole wheat bread and pizza dough. There is also a cookbook called "Bread in Half the Time" which was my husbands (weird because he didn't have a breadmaker and the only thing that he knew how to cook was spaghetti
)that has really good recipes in it for all kinds of bread. I bet that at least the second one you could get at the library. It was a really popular book when it came out. Have fun! I LOVE my bread machine, and it saves us about $2 a loaf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.