Meal Planning for Kids' Lunches? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2006, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm curious - is anyone out there working out a weekly/monthly lunch meal plan for kids going off to school?

My oldest just started Kindergarten. He is a SLOW eater and isn't being monitored well (I'm working with his teacher on it), so he's coming home w/ a full box and a grumpy attitude. I want to get him involved in making the lunches, but we have a tight evening and morning schedule, so we always make lunch after the kids are in bed.

I think I'm choosing things he likes - generally what I'd serve if he were at home - but maybe he needs to be more involved.

What do you do in your house?

ex-Californian, making my way on the East Coast with DS (10), DS (6) and WAHDH. Former extended BF'er, co-sleeper, and baby-wearer. Remembering how to garden.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2006, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My oldest started Pre-k. She is also a slow eater, especially if it's something that she like but doesn't love.

I try to give her food that she will eat. I found that if all the food is in once container, she will eat more of it than if i put it in dif containers. :

So last fri, i put in half an apple, two slices of lunch meat with veggies(cucumbers and green peppers). The only thing that came back as a piece of green pepper and a quarter of a quarter of the apple.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif

User Tag List