Recipes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-10-2007, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! Looking for more recipes, as usual! i have tons of recipes, but I would like to hear about some more whole food recipes. We dont eat anything with any processed foods, (no processed soy especially) no preservatives, no seafood(no dulse or seaweed either, hyperthyroid issues) and no dairy. Not even a yogurt which i miss! Limited fruits---I dont want to load up on sugars from fruit. We do eat meat, but limited to once or twice a week. My kids wont eat the veggie cheese, except rice cheese, but its so expensive! My kids go to my moms and eat hotdogs which I really dont like, but no one listens to me, so they dont go over there often. So when they ask for a hotdog, i bought natural ones with no nitrates or preservatives at the food co-op---BUT the co-op is an hour away and we dont always get the chance to go. My daughter wont eat any vegetables except tomato sauce with whole wheat macoroni. sometimes i slip in some pureed squash or carrots and she doesnt know. Anyway....im very limited as my kids wont eat anything like homemade veggie burgers lol! They will eat the rice mac and cheese and some soups. Sometimes i do whole wheat pizza with rice cheese lol. any suggestions? Thanks!

Mamma to my four wonderful, amazing and unique children~~Wife to my true soulmate who sees things the way I do, together we are truly a team!
#2 of 3 Old 01-16-2007, 11:28 AM

Maybe it would be easier to make a list of the ingredients you CAN eat, and we can think of ways to put them together for you. I can't think of anything that doesn't have fruits, veggies, meat, seafood, dairy or soy as a substitute for meat or dairy. What other foods are there?

Single mom of 2 boys
#3 of 3 Old 01-17-2007, 04:54 PM

You can get the natural hotdogs in the nature's place section of Hannaford, we get the turkey ones. I am becoming an ace at this dairy free diet thing but I don't think I can be much help b/c Aidan will eat all veggies except peppers so I do a lot with veggies. Also if you buy the Earth Balance "butter" that isn't really butter you can substitute it in a lot of things that call for butter. Various milks like rice etc. can be used in most recipes that call for milk. Aidan hates the "fake" cheese except soy cheese pizza.

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page