tips on advance meal preparation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-23-2007, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am having a very challenging time making dinner these days, and would like to simplify the process if possible. I've heard some things mentioned in the past about doing most of the meal prep in advance (like on the weekend). Anyone got any tips on this kind of thing?

We eat vegetarian at home (will do seafood though) and dh is allergic to lentils. I have a crockpot. We don't mind eating the same thing for 2-3 days in a row so I do try to make big batches of soups etc. Meals must be toddler friendly

Thanks for any suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-14-2007, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't done it, but I did buy a cookbook once called "once a month cooking". Basically, they had the meals for a month planned out and you did all of the chopping, etc. at once, and then froze things. I would think that you could figure out a few recipes that use the same ingredients and cut everything up all at once, and then make them and freeze them. Many veggies are fine kept in the fridge cut-up for a few days. Or figure out a few recipes that use the same sauce (i.e. spaghetti sauce, that could be used for lasagne as well) and make them at the same time.

I'd be interested to hear other people's ideas!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page