using the crock pot... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-28-2007, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
have you ever put a whole pork tenderloin in the crock pot?

this has been in the freezer and i want to use it. dh usually grills it but he's too busy this week and there's two inches of snow on the back deck.

i really want to use the crock pot that day too!

do you think it will work in there?
#2 of 4 Old 01-28-2007, 08:26 PM

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Slow, moist cooking is good for a tenderloin, right? Just check the internal temp to make sure you aren't serving a pot of poison to the family.

I just started going in to work later so I've pulled out the crock pot myself. My best recent dish was crock pot Spaghetti and Meatballs. I mixed the meatball mixture right in the crock, formed the balls and just let them cook for an hour or so the night before. The next morning, I sauted some garlic and onion in olive oil right in the crock, then added a few sausages to brown. (Did you even know a crock pot gets hot enough to saute? I didn't.) After an hour or so I added a can each of canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste, some spices, a dash of red wine, and the meatballs. Turned it all down to low and when I got home 6 hours later, Yumcity. Maybe I'll never again have to yell, "Hey, if you're in the kitchen, stir the sauce!"
#3 of 4 Old 01-29-2007, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes, a pork tenderloin will do fine in the crock pot. However, I wouldnt just throw it in there. I would tie it, salt it, pepper it, and brown it on all sides first. That way, it'll taste less boiled and more like a yummy tenderloin.

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

#4 of 4 Old 01-29-2007, 12:25 PM

Yes I marinate and cook on low for 8-10 hours with potatoes and other veggies in it.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page