once a month cooking? (OAMC?) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-27-2007, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
does anyone do this? i'm hoping to start thanks for any tips/info!!!! i'd love to see some resources too and your favorite recipes (currently stalking the feed-the-freezer thread)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well join us at the Feed the freezer thread! Debra Taylor hough has a book about one day cooking. IMHO and IME I cant do it just once a month. For me, its about variety, and also I enjoy cooking. But for those who cannot dedicate everyday to cooking, its has a place.

You can also meet halfway and spend a day cooking up things to freeze and prepare for a few weeks of meals. I have joined a meal exchange and I recieved 5 meals for making 5 of the same meal. I dont think I will do it again. As convenient as it was, it wasnt my cooking and dh wasnt going nutso over what people cooked.

Or, do as I do. When my freezer is getting light, I make some dinners that I know I can freeze if I double batch. So then I prepare two and one goes into the freezer. If the freezer is full, we eat out of it or as we call "take out" meaning take it out of the freezer.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page