OAMC/feed the freezer cooking supplies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2007, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you put things in? Particularly baked things. I only have 1-9x13 pan & 2-8x8 pans. I can't exactly do much with that. Do you just buy lots of them? I really want to work in this direction, but I am lost as far as hardware goes.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2007, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'd get freezer ziplock bags, double bag them, fill them, lay them flat in the freezer on a cookie sheet till they freeze, and then stack them like playing cards. When you want to thaw, throw the bag in some cool water for maybe twenty minutes then cut the bag away from the food into your baking dish.

Or, if you have a FoodSaver, you can do baskically the same thing with that.

That's what I do when I feed MY freezer!

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

Old 04-30-2007, 12:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
there is a couple ways to get around this. One, line the pan with foil before making up the baking item or pouring a reheated later item in. Then when frozen, just lift it out and store some other way- in a bag etc. then when time to eat- just place right back in the pan and bake etc.

or when at a rummage, resale good will whatever- buy pans there. I bought a 9 x 13 pan with a cover for a dime at a white elephant sale. I use it all the time to bring to pot lucks, a dinner to someone etc. It always gets back to me no matter what. I bought it thinking I would not get it back- no. If I paid top dollar for it- I would never see it again

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."

User Tag List