help me use lots & lots of unsweetened soymilk! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-24-2007, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I may cross post this in Veggie & Vegan living too...
A good friend is out of the country for 3 weeks and I am helping look after her place. She has left behind 6 L of unsweetend organic soymilk, which expires while she is away, and has invited me to use it. I like SWEETENED soymilk, but have a really hard time drinking the unsweetened kind and tried it in my coffee this morning... :Puke so that`s a no-go. I don't mind it on cereal, but don't really like it, either. My toddler will NOT drink it, and DW won't either.

So, help!! What can I do with all this soymilk? Smoothies are a possibility, but that's a whole LOT of smoothie drinking in a family where only I really like them. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
#2 of 4 Old 05-25-2007, 05:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd put in some sugar and other flavors you usually like, if you don't have issues with sugar. My family actually add soy sauce, mini shrimps and green onions to that and boil into a soup. I'm not too crazy for that.

Mom to 2 beautiful autistic boys (12 & 11)  
#3 of 4 Old 05-25-2007, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not a soy milk drinker, so these ideas might be out there.... take it with a grain of salt. LOL

(I'm thinking of what I do with regular milk if I have tons) Can you freeze it? Bake with it? You could make muffins and freeze them. Will it work in a quiche? As pudding (with lots of sugar and flavors)? In chocolate pie? Does it make soup--like potato soup or cream of wild rice soup?
#4 of 4 Old 05-27-2007, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yup, I'd say use it exactly as you would a lot of milk that you had to get rid of...I'd probably bake with it.

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page