Snacky Meal Replacments for a sick mama! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-03-2007, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

For about the last month I have had killer morning sickness and depression. I have been cutting corners whereever I can to cope. One thing I love to do (even usually, but especially now!) is do snacky meals like cut up cheese, and fruit for lunch.

My kids do fairly well with healthy food but also love their processed foods as well. Since I am in quite a state right now, I dont mind the processed foods very much.

I can manage breakfast and lunch ok, but I am looking for dinners that dont really require preperation; OR like a big batch of soup I can make for the whole week (thats not a million ingredients.)

Any snacky ideas for healthy dinners?

Jenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2007, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
How about a big tub of homemeade or store bought hummus - you can serve it with a variety of cut up veggies and some whole wheat pita bread. It is finger food but filling and nutritious.

I make black bean soup with a can of black beans, a can of tomatoes, some water, an onion, a jalepeno pepper, some cumin and some garlic. It all goes through the blender when cooked and it keeps well. You can serve it with some tortilla chips and salsa and guacamole and you've got a full meal - my kids LOVE it when I make cornbread to go with it.

Canned soups can be a lifesaver - just put a loaf of bread and some peanut butter on the table to go with it.

Pasta with jarred sauce is another quickie.

Grilled cheese sandwiches served with a salad or bowl of fruit.

User Tag List