on-line meal planning - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2007, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
does anyone subscribe to on-line meal planning. The idea sounds great to me. Stories anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 05:14 PM

I'm very interested to see if others have used any of the online menu planners.

I've been using www.menus4moms.com for a couple of weeks, it's free so I thought I'd give it a shot. So far it's been pretty good, easy, mostly kid-friendly recipes. I've noticed it's a little heavy on the pasta dishes, which my family isn't used to but it's nice to have new dishes instead of the same old, same old.

I was reading this article http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple...179919,00.html. I'm interested in trying one of these, but not sure if I want to spend the money.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:08 AM

Not an online suggestion, but there is a good recipe book out there called Saving Dinner: The Menus, Recipes, and Shopping Lists to Bring Your Family Back to the Table.

I haven't used too many recipes in it yet or followed the program, but the set up is great. And, I tend to read cook books like novels so I know that the recipes sound pretty tasty and easy. It's divided into seasons and then broken down into weeks. Each recipe includes suggested sides and each week starts with the shopping list for that week's menu. The thing I like the most is that each week includes one crockpot recipe.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:01 PM

I just found this one the other day http://www.kitchenmuse.net it's very nutritions, no processed foods, and based more on a traditional foods diet, plus you can try it for a month (it's $6) instead of having to sign on for 3, 6, or 12 months. Anyone try this one? I think I'm going to try for a month.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I like the book "The Six-O'-Clock-Scramble" which is based off of an online menu planner/mailer service. Buying the book is cheaper and easier though. I really like that she has lots of healthy meals, meatless options, beans and rice, etc. We are meat eaters, but I'm trying to scale back so I can afford naturally raised/organic meat and poultry. Using her recipes, I can do it much easier!

Amy ~ SAHM to DS (9) DD (5) and DS (2) And  expecting a  stork-girl.gif  late May 2012!

homebirth.jpg  cd.gif  slingboy.gif  familybed1.gif  winner.jpg  novaxnocirc.gif  goorganic.jpg

Old 07-02-2007, 02:58 AM

i think its called mealsmatter.com its actually really helpful. however i havent really used it! I go in spurts when it comes to meal planning! That is one of my goals however! Hope this helps
emily
momma to jorge c 7/23/05

momma to 5.8 yr old DS jammin.gif, ttc #2 with DH!! joy.gifnovaxnocirc.gifhola.gif
Old 07-02-2007, 07:09 PM

I saw kitchenmuse.net too and thought it looked really good.

Saving Dinner does have an online option (savingdinner.com) and I've been very faithfully cooking her Frugal plan for probably 6 months now. I love it. I do make some substitutions, but for the most part I like to eat what she recommends.

I hate hate hate trying to decide what to cook/eat, so I love that someone tells me what to do!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilled Milk View Post
Not an online suggestion, but there is a good recipe book out there called Saving Dinner: The Menus, Recipes, and Shopping Lists to Bring Your Family Back to the Table.

I haven't used too many recipes in it yet or followed the program, but the set up is great. And, I tend to read cook books like novels so I know that the recipes sound pretty tasty and easy. It's divided into seasons and then broken down into weeks. Each recipe includes suggested sides and each week starts with the shopping list for that week's menu. The thing I like the most is that each week includes one crockpot recipe.
www.savingdinner.com is a great menu site!
Also, Meals for You is another good one. You have to pick the recipes, so it does involve some thought, but it puts together the shopping list automatically from the recipes you choose: http://www.mealsforyou.com/cgi-bin/c...eals_main.html

Single mom of 2 boys
Old 08-01-2007, 01:23 AM

I really like the new mailer by www.cookingTF.com ! She's not far along, but it is a huge hit with me!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:02 PM

Does anyone know of any vegetarian online meal plans? We tried Saving Dinner and didn't really like the veg options.

User Tag List