mahi mahi help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 3 lb package of frozen mahi mahi fillets. We are moving soon so I'm trying to use up all the perishables. What should I do with it? I need something that I could take for a potluck at church, and that doesn't require specialty ingredients. Any ideas? Otherwise I'll end up freecycling it.

ETA: I need the recipe to be egg, nut and cheese free.

Tia!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2007, 11:14 PM

What I do with Mahi Mahi, is make a parchment-paper packet to put it in. I thaw the fish, salt and pepper both sides, lay a few lemon slices on each fillet, drizzle with olive oil, and bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. It is very simple and delicious. I usually just put 2 fillets in each packet, but you could make several packets and bake them all at once, then just open the packets at the pot-luck.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebugsmom View Post
What I do with Mahi Mahi, is make a parchment-paper packet to put it in. I thaw the fish, salt and pepper both sides, lay a few lemon slices on each fillet, drizzle with olive oil, and bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. It is very simple and delicious. I usually just put 2 fillets in each packet, but you could make several packets and bake them all at once, then just open the packets at the pot-luck.
There are usually so many casseroles and desserts that I imagine fish would be a welcome site to a lot of potluck-goers! Yum!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
Old 06-26-2007, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the ideas!

User Tag List