Help me plan my Month!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-15-2007, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello! I used to be the queen of meal plannin but haven't done it in a while. No DH and I are trying to be a bit better with out finances and I am contributing by picking up the meal planning,coupn clipping and trying to keep our food budget super low. I am in desperate need of help. I am so used to making meals with a long prep time, but I have recently gotton into the habit of box,bagged dinners, and the terrible no-nos of fish sticks, corn dogs etc. I need to get out of this habit, but I am in need of ideas. It is me and DD alone in the evenings so I need something nutritious that doesn't take alot of time to prepare but also doesn't have alot of preservatives if I go the pre prep way. Alice doesn't eat many things off of a spoon, she loves to do it herself. Althought she is still a major BFer she loves to try new foods and explore flavors and textures. I do not have a crock pot I am contemplating buying one of those and a food saver if it seems like it would be a good investment to save on the waste factor I am currently facing.

But anyway.

DD is allergic to eggplant, and shelfish.

and she is awake, so I must be off

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2007, 05:50 PM

Some quick things we like, hope this gives you some ideas:
-Homemade fish "nuggets" (just buy tilapia filets, cut into bit size pieces, mix a little milk and egg in a bowl, dip fish into that mixture. then in a ziploc bag mix 1 c bread crumbs and 1/2c parm cheese, shake the nuggets into the bag, bake on 350 about 15 mins)
-Rotissiere chicken - buy one of these and use it for other meals instead of having to cook the chicken
-Quesadillias - fill with whatever you like, like the chicken and some cheese or beans and cheese, etc.
-Spaghetti
-Tortelini (always good for little fingers)
-Ravioli Lasagna (layer ravioli, sauce, and cheese and bake)
-Homemade chicken nuggets (same as fish, cook a little longer)
-Fried Rice
-Quiche
-Breakfast for dinner
-Sandwiches (make them interesting with new sauces, breads, avocado, etc.)

Well that is all I can think of for now but hope it helps.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 PM

I posted my July menu on this other thread, post #21: (I do have a crock pot but not a food saver.)
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=695267&page=2

Single mom of 2 boys

User Tag List