Dinner for breakfast? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-26-2007, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am thinking of trying to eat bigger, heavier meals in the earlier part of the day and lighter meals later. Dh leaves EARLY (5am) and works long hours so he rarely gets good food in the am and then we are eating heavy meals at 8pm. It all feels wrong, but I can't wrap my head around how to make long lasting breakfasts and lunches so that by the evening we only want a lighter meal. He is so trained for the heavy meat and potatoes meal at night I need to make sure he is eating enough (a real challenge, I always underestimate his quantities) so he'll be satisfied by evening. Anyone else do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-26-2007, 11:14 PM

I had a friend in college who's motto was : "Eat like a king for breakfast, a queen for lunch and a popper for dinner." That was 12 years ago, but I still think of that saying often when I am planning meals.

I try, when I have time, to cook eggs with cheese and sausage or ham, toast, fruit, milk... that sort of breakfast seems to last and you can make it relatively healthy. (egg whites, lean ham or even turkey etc..)

If we get in a pattern for this, I'd do something like sauteed veggies with rice for dinner.
#3 of 5 Old 07-28-2007, 08:34 PM

I find in the winters especially, I can eat a bowl of soup or hearty stew for breakfast along with hot leftovers from the night before. That gives me energy for the day and allows fo a lighter dinner.

KerryAnn @ CookingTF dot com - Nutrient dense foods your kids will LOVE!  Real Food Cooking School and Lactofermentation Classes now live! Use coupon code "CTF" for 20% off.

#4 of 5 Old 07-28-2007, 08:48 PM

I have thought about it and saw a TV show where a woman did this and lost a ton of weight. The most we do is eat leftovers in the AM or something, not really huge meals. I could do it and DH probably could but DS doesn't like much in the morning.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#5 of 5 Old 07-31-2007, 02:31 PM

I know someone who eats large breakfast, usually has small serving of oatmeal, two pieces of fruit, bacon and eggs. For dinner she has some yogurt and steamed vegetables, snack of nuts and supper is really light. She has lost a lot of weight and says she feels so much better in the morning.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page