Non-stew stew beef recipe?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2007, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On Monday, when it was coooooold and rainy, I took some stew beef out of the freezer to thaw for tonight.
Now it's 70+ and sunny. Not exactly stew weather. I mean... yeah... I'm a big girl (got my big girl panties on and everything), so I could just stick with the plan and have stew. But, I don't wanna, and if I can come up with Plan B in time.

The really tricky part, and the one that seems to be throwing online recipe finders for a loop, is that I also need to cook my collard greens tonight. It would seem there are no recipes for beef and collards!

Anyone have any suggestions? I have plenty of other stuff on hand- root veggies, rice, pasta, broth, canned tomatoes, kinda whatever.

I just don't know what on earth to do with stew beef, other than stew it.

SAHM of Kayla (11/98) Hunter (8/03) Jo (1/04) : Jared (2/05) Camelia (12/07) Hope/Chance (11/08) and Jack (12/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2007, 02:12 PM

Put it in the crock pot with a mess of bbq sauce and have shredded bbq beef sandwiches or just eat it with some seasoned oven fries and a salad!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Oooh, that would have been tasty!
I went ahead and made stew. It wasn't very good, either! I knew I didn't want stew. LOL

SAHM of Kayla (11/98) Hunter (8/03) Jo (1/04) : Jared (2/05) Camelia (12/07) Hope/Chance (11/08) and Jack (12/09)
Old 11-02-2007, 12:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Next time, make pasties. Mmmmmm. PERFECT time of year...the rutabegas are just "frosted" enough to pull em out of the ground around here!

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

User Tag List