November Pantry Challenge? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-03-2007, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! I just discovered this subforum and it is SO timely. With trying to reduce our costs, and trying to feed my family healthy meals on a tight schedule (DS has gymnastics almost every day and we don't get home until 630, then I teach (WAHM piano teacher) at 7!), I have been wanting to work up a complete inventory of what I've got on hand and make full planned lists of what to cook and when, etc. Did a "purge" while I was at it too... some old grody stuff that needed to be tossed...

Had a great summer for canning and freezing and was so proud of myself lol... I just needed to get organized.

So I stumbled upon this forum last week and read the October pantry challenge and it was such a perfect idea! Like, what I was sorta thinking of doing already, but spelled out in detail. And with support!

I did my kitchen inventory and made a rough sketch of dishes I'm planning to do this month (November). Then sketched them into which weeks, thinking about leftovers, when we need quick meals, etc. By the end of the month if I stick to it I will have "used up" nearly all the stuff that has been sitting unused for MONTHS (or more heh).

Then I did the "big" grocery run for the things I'd need to "finish" the dishes, mainly chicken, and of course I'll be getting fresh things like fruits when needed. But I can already see this is going to be a ton cheaper.

So, feeling all excited and prepared, I come back to the forum looking for the November challenge. And there is none! :

Can I start one?

Or is this only an occasional thing? Like, I can imagine after finishing this month, I won't HAVE all this stuff sitting around in my cupboard to do a challenge with lol... there will just be the staples left.

In either case, I'm going ahead with this myself. Having fun so far!

Heather, mom to Caileigh 12/06 and aspie ADHD prodigy David 05/98 :intact lact
#2 of 3 Old 11-03-2007, 11:19 AM

I think anyone can start one! I did see one in the frugality and finances forum yesterday though, check that one out and if it doesn't fit your needs start one here is what I would suggest! I love them, too.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#3 of 3 Old 11-03-2007, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

And there it is! Thanks, never even thought to look there.

Heather, mom to Caileigh 12/06 and aspie ADHD prodigy David 05/98 :intact lact

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page