Mothering Forum banner

meal plan template

28K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Michelle Renee 
#1 ·
Can someone give me a nice weekly meal plan template? Please!!? Thanks so much.

#8 ·
for about 2 months we've been doing
Sunday - breakfast for dinner
Monday - soup
Tuesday - Mexican
Wednesday - meat
thursday - italian or something else (this is the day I use to throw other things in)
friday - chicken
saturday - fish

#10 ·
My son and I have delayed food allergies/sensitivities. That is why we are starting an elimination/rotation diet for 4-6 weeks. So we are eliminating dairy, gluten, corn, soy, beef, safflower, canola, brocolli, peanuts, cashews, and some others. Food proteins stay in the system for 3 days, so my doc has prescribed a diet where we only eat the same food once every four days, so we don't develop new sensitivitities. After 4-6 weeks, we will start trialing back eliminated foods. Sorry it was confusing.

So the chart is color coded for Days 1-4 of the elimination diet. After 4 weeks, Monday will be day 1 again. The reason the colors change the evening before is for ease of cooking and meal planning. So I can cook a large meal for dinner time, and then use those leftovers in lunches and things throughout the next day. So if Day 1 is a monday, it actually starts with Sunday dinner. Does that make sense?

#12 ·
Quote:
Yes, thanks I expect to use your template when things settle down a bit. I ended up making a detailed one that suits our needs on a rotation/elimination diet at the moment. In case anyone is interested:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dg66rkjx_1vqm4fpfw
you are awsome

#13 ·
The elimination diet is going well. My DS was a terror the first two days, but on day 3 he woke up bright eyed and bushy-tailed. I hope we'll be on the up and up. I am really wondering what his baseline will be, and how soon we will find it. We are on vacation, so we are having pajama days and I am doing lots of cooking and filling the freezer, so hopefully it won't be too hard once the kids go back to school. I have diverged from my meal plan a little already, but I still love having it. Tonight I made a huge pot of curried coconut squash. It was yummy! I need to plan next week and school lunches and snacks, any suggestions anyone?

#14 ·
I just posted my menu plan on my blog http://rachelscooking.blogspot.com/2...ary-menu.html- but I do it by the month and don't have a template. I like wife&mommy's. I like to post my menu on my fridge-- so the kids stop asking what's for dinner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wife&mommy View Post
Oh you have it all worked out, that's great! Good luck.
I need to do an elimination diet myself. My newborn is reacting to something I'm eating and I can't figure it out.
OK- a bit OT, but my kids reacted to any tomato stuff I had- that only lasted the first 2 months or so and then I could eat it again. But it was tough the weeks after she was born when people would bring meals-- spaghetti, pizza and lasagna!! I think it was the acid of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.