Good Menu Planning Websites - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-24-2008, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi There,

After spending over $200 last week just to feed me (preggers) and DH, I realize I need to refine my meal planning capabilities. There was a time that I was an avid dinner planner due to a very busy schedule but its gotten lax.

I noticed on another thread there seem to a be a lot of other families also looking for websites that basically provide the meal plan, the shopping list and the recipies for a set amount to spend on groceries (like $50, $100).

DH and I don't follow any special diet. We do eat almost all organic. We try to avoid processed foods but are cool with a hot dog here and there. While DH is a meat lover, he understands in the interest of budgeting, we need mostly vegetarian and is cool with that. He won't eat mushrooms or olives, though (is totally cool with olive oil). The only food I can't stand are hard boiled eggs. I really don't like scrambled eggs either, but I can deal with them.

So anyway, I'm just babbling away here but any website reccomendations would be appreciated!

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 10:18 PM

:
Old 02-24-2008, 10:20 PM

I don't do it for a set amount, but I have a lot of people tell me their grocery bills go down when they start on my menu mailer.

KerryAnn @ CookingTF dot com - Nutrient dense foods your kids will LOVE!  Real Food Cooking School and Lactofermentation Classes now live! Use coupon code "CTF" for 20% off.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:27 PM

Subbing...

I just logged on to search for meal planning site recs.

addicted, homeschooling, freelancing mama to DS 8. Pet mama to Harvey the Wonder Mutt :, Pnut: and Autumn : Oh, yeah, and
Old 02-24-2008, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, also I would prefer websites that offer information for free, if thats possible.

Thanks!

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
Old 02-24-2008, 10:49 PM

Here's a free sample week of my mailer. It's more meat-heavy than what I normally do now.

http://www.tfrecipes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454

KerryAnn @ CookingTF dot com - Nutrient dense foods your kids will LOVE!  Real Food Cooking School and Lactofermentation Classes now live! Use coupon code "CTF" for 20% off.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:22 AM

Warning I would never use the menus as is (too m any unhealthy things IMO) but I do get ideas from the weekly mailer (it's free)

http://www.menus4moms.com/kitchen/weeklymenu/

There are also some articles on there I *think* about freezer planning and some other topics. I havn't really explored the site in depth but I do get the weekly mailer and usually there are one or two meals on it I can use.

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Old 03-07-2008, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krankedyann View Post
I don't do it for a set amount, but I have a lot of people tell me their grocery bills go down when they start on my menu mailer.
I checked out your website and sample mailer (the one available on your website.) I'd subscribe today except I'm a vegetarian

Is there anyone who does what you do as well as you do it with just vegetarian menus?
Old 03-07-2008, 11:25 AM

Not that I know of.

I will be coming out with a series of vegetarian special issues. I'm not far from completing them, but they had to be put on the back burner due to us having an unexpected long-distance move and trying to finish the book.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:27 AM

I use this one. It's not free, but there's a trial you can sign up for for like $15 I think.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I use this one. It's not free, but there's a trial you can sign up for for like $15 I think.
They seem to have two free weekly menus each for winter and summer if you look towards the bottom right-hand side of the page. I'm going to check it out right now.

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
Old 03-07-2008, 06:23 PM

I used to use the website saving dinner (not free, it is a subscription service). there's a book too I think.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:51 PM

krankedyann's web site and menu mailer are WONDERFUL!! (and I am a veg) but my family isn't
Old 03-13-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna06 View Post
krankedyann's web site and menu mailer are WONDERFUL!! (and I am a veg) but my family isn't
It is really really wonderful! I second that! Her chili recipe is the best--dh loves it and askes for it about once a week!

User Tag List