Recipes to wake the taste buds, anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-06-2008, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So (as some of y'all know) I'm new to and keen on this whole meal planning business.

I've rather eaten (scratch the rather part, huh!) - I've EATEN the same five or six foods for awhile now and I'm dead sick of it. Someone mentioned "recipes to spark the taste buds" (along those lines) and I'm curious: what do YOU consider your favorite "tasty" dish? Spiced, herbed, tangy, hot, just plain flavorful... I'm up for it all. Throw it at me. I'm ready to try! :

TIA!!

SAHM to Chloe (02/28/08) & Samantha (10/06/10)... not quite crunchy - think of us as al dente, finding our way to self-sustainability & full-out crunchy living ... trial and error, one day at a time! 
#2 of 5 Old 04-09-2008, 12:42 PM

Recently tried new recipes and old favorites with tons of flavor:

Grilled Lamb Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze

Italian Meatloaf with Basil and Provolone

Firecracker Grilled Alaska Salmon

Curried Rice Pilaf

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#3 of 5 Old 05-10-2008, 05:02 AM

#4 of 5 Old 05-10-2008, 12:09 PM

When I feel especially hungry, I crave Korean greens, spicy things, and various Greek and Italian foods. (Olive oils, spices, herbed lentils, tangy greek yogurt, lemon, greens etc) Lately, I know i've been cooking plainly, as I am dreaming about huge amounts of sautted bok choy with garlic. : Yesterday, I was nearly crying about my fav Korean place in Manhattan that shut down 5 years ago. That's sad. It's been 5 years. Maybe more. Maybe it's more like 7.

I think I am going to drive to the Korean market, which is over an hour away and it's pouring rain. But I desperate. I think I have kimchee in the fridge, however. But it's from Storp & Shop and not the same.

But yeah, road trip for me. Do you have a speciality food shop near you? Sometimes that gets me going.
#5 of 5 Old 05-10-2008, 11:54 PM

Well I am a pretty creative cook and so with meal planning I have gotten even more creative, but I just saw this, and thought it sounded so yummy:

Middle Eastern Chicken Pot
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...105266,00.html

I also really like my own Chicken and Bacon Tortellini

1 pkg frozen cheese tortellini
1 pint heavy cream
about 4 slices bacon
2 reg sized chicken breasts cut into bite sized chunks
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup onion diced
1/2 cup bell pepper diced(whatever color you like, I like red)
2 cloves garlic minced
olive oil to saute

Cook pasta according to directions on package
Over med heat olive oil in pan, add diced bacon fry until almost done, add chicken and cook unitl almost cooked add onions and bell pepper, add garlic, reduce heat add cream and cook until slightly thickened, add cheese and cooked tortellini. Serve with salad and garlic bread. OMG this is so good, I made it up when pg with our DD and fell in love with it. Enjoy!:

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page