Where to start? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-10-2008, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HELP!!!

I am NOT good in the kitchen, and all too often end up using boxed food for lunches, and snacks...we barely can manage to pull dinner together! I really want to find some good resources that literally spell out what I need to do to put a meal plan together...from a shopping list to recipes, I really need step by step...

Any ideas?

I really want to start cooking real meals for our family, and of course with the high cost of everything, that is also inspiring me to try something different...I also would love to help my children learn how to make food, rather than just watch it come from a box...

I am sooooo envious of those who have a monthly meal plan, but I think I need to start on a weekly schedule...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-10-2008, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Figure out what your family likes to eat. Like if your kids love chicken nuggets, make your own. They're very easy and way healthier. I have a list of all the meals my family likes and we rotate through those depending on whats on sale and what sounds good. I try a few new things every so often but they're things I know we'll at least kind of like.

After you get the basic idea you can get more in depth. Like I meal plan off sales and stock up on the things we use so there is always food available in the house. I shop every 2 weeks for a big trip and then the other week for the few things I've forgotten or stuff thats on sale that week. Frozen veggies are great for when you're starting out and just steaming them is good. That can round out a meal.
#3 of 3 Old 08-12-2008, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=464552

My method is on post #4, but it's a great thread overall.

I bumped the thread for you, too.

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page