Thanksgiving Weekend Work Plans - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-26-2008, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So does anyone else have big decluttering or remodeling plans for the four day weekend?

My husband intends to drywall the new den in he added in the garage. Ok, the truth be told he puts up the drywall and I get the honor of doing the mudding and taping. If all goes well maybe we can paint on Sunday afternoon. I plan to spend the rest of today doing some deep cleaning in my house, because the first things the kids will want next week is the Christmas stuff out. I hate getting the tree and decorations out when the house is in chaos.

So, what are you doing in your house this weekend?
#2 of 5 Old 11-26-2008, 03:10 PM

here's my list (mainly cause my parents will be here to help with it and the kids!)
-lower DD's crib
-? switch DS to a toddler bed (using his crib)
-hang a coat rack
-move the bookshelves into the newly finished office/guest room
-get the desk top (yeah freecycle!) and install it for my desk
#3 of 5 Old 11-26-2008, 04:14 PM

My plans are just my usual weekly cleaning and I need to organize the playroom, go through toys, get a shelf for coloring stuff and figure out what to do with all the kids' "art".
#4 of 5 Old 11-26-2008, 04:32 PM

well, i'm decorating for christmas tomorrow afternoon, so tonight & tomorrow morning i just need to clean, lol. dh needs to bring in the table & chairs tomorrow morning from the garage. (i found them on craigslist for $50 for a killer 60s table and EIGHT chairs! we picked them up over a month ago and dh hasn't brought them in yet. of course, i could have brought the chairs in myself, but what's the point, without the table?)

friday/saturday/sunday, hmm. maybe i can get the back entry all spiffed up. declutter, paint (already have it and supplies), and put up the coat rack. that would be awesome. i would also love to steam our couch, bring in the rug that is also sitting in the garage, hang some photos on the walls and do a little sewing. we'll see.

eta: oh man, i really need to get cracking on my christmas gift making! i should have time, since i'm sure as hell not going shopping this weekend!
#5 of 5 Old 11-26-2008, 04:41 PM

Going through everything we own!!!!!!!

Packing more boxes and trying to move as much stuff to our new house as possible! This is our "big move" weekend. I want to be in the new house by Dec 20, have to be in by Jan 5 when school starts back in the new distric! Hubby can only haul the trailer on the weekends.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page