Should I get rid of my desk? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-11-2008, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So a few years ago I bought a desk because I thought I would use it for homeschooling and things and even when it is decluttered i don't really use it. I do store things I use in it and my homeschool stuff goes on the desktop.

Should I freecycle it? It has a broken drawer so not worth selling and too bulky to take to Salvation Army. What should I replace it with? I need something with doors so kids won't go into it.

I am planning on emptying it today.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-11-2008, 04:34 PM

it sounds like the desk is on its way out! as for what you should replace it with, why not keep an eye on freecycle and craigslist. maybe just the right thing will turn up. i frequently see filing cabinets for free, but depending on the room it's in and the space, a dresser may work well too. if you don't really use the surface and want more storage, an armoire (for clothing, or a tv/computer armoire) could do a good job too. have fun searching for just the right thing!
#3 of 3 Old 12-11-2008, 07:10 PM

I think something like a TV/computer armoire would be nice- you can shut the doors to hide all the supplies when you are not using them.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page