joint holiday gift - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-19-2008, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i realize this isn't a 100% simplifying thread, but I want opinions form those with that mindset. Because we want to simplify and the kids don't need any more toys at all, I want to just get them something they will both like and use for Christmas. But we really don't need any more toys, and they are going to be getting plenty of things from both sets of grandparents. (DH and I are BOTH only children, so our boys are the only grandchildren, so you can just imagine.) So I thought we'd go for a joint gift from us. Here are my two ideas. They are 9 and 4. Any opinions?

An indoor trampoline good for getting out energy, and can fold up and be put under a bed

http://www.hearthsong.com/magiccabin...ch%20Result|P1

Or this beautiful tree fort set that I have wanted to get them for a couple of years that I think they would like and would be lots of imaginative play. But part of me thinks that it is frivolous to buy this when I could possibly make something like that with them. But this one just has so many neat little mechanical parts.

http://www.hearthsong.com/magiccabin...ch%20Result|P1

I think I have to order something before the end of the day. Thanks for humoring me.
#2 of 4 Old 12-19-2008, 03:56 PM

go put them both in your shopping cart, and see which one is harder to delete. you'll know which one you really want to give them, and no one else's opinion matters. forget about guilt, which one would bring more joy to your family? which one do you want them to see and go bananas over? you can choose!
#3 of 4 Old 12-19-2008, 04:58 PM

Look around for an indoor trampoline for adults. Search rebounding. I have one for me that the kids love. It holds more weight, is more sturdy and still has the handles (mine adjust from adult to child height). My kids use it daily.

IMO just buying one toy for both is a great idea especially with all the other presents they will receive.
#4 of 4 Old 12-19-2008, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Those are both great ideas. Thank you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page