Easy wallpaper removal - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-19-2008, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have removed more than my share of wallpaper over the yrs. Some put up by me and some not. Tonight I stripped the border in my kitchen with a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol and water and presto off it came. I had already tried for 30minutes and was getting ono where. I thought of what I had at home and came up with this. I am sure its probably not super green but it could be worse with harmful stripper. It worked magic and did not damage the paint at all. Just wanted to share. Note to self...never ever hang another inch of wallpaper anywhere evah!!
#2 of 3 Old 12-20-2008, 08:57 AM

Thanks for that.I need to get the ugly sixties paper of our bathroom wall and i have been putting it off as I hate removing wallpaper!!!

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#3 of 3 Old 12-20-2008, 02:53 PM

When we moved into our current home, there was an ugly border in what is now DD's room. No problem, right? Wrong! I swear the previous owners hot glued the darn thing on! I tried EVERYTHING to get it off, and what worked in the end was lots and lots and LOTS of water and vinegar.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page