last minute gift for DH? (X-posted in crafts) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-23-2008, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,
The gift I was going to do for my DH has fallen through, and I realize this is last minute, but does anyone have any ideas for something I could make/do for him in these last hours before Christmas morning?

I almost always do the photo frame/collage thing with pics of our precious children, so I'd prefer a new idea. It can involve a picture of the kids, just that I'd like to do something different than the standard frame or collage. Any ideas for this last minute Nellie over here??

It can be make or buy. Thank you!
#2 of 3 Old 12-23-2008, 07:53 PM

Our 5th anniversary was 12/20 w/the traditional gift being wood. I used a woodburning tool (bought at Hobby Lobby for under $10 w/a coupon) and burned "I still choose you." into the picture frame. It was a little tricky but he loved it. You could make a plaque, trace the kids' hands w/a pencil, and then burn it w/the tool. The possibilities are endless, and the gifts are pretty cool.

We are a family of Jesus loving urban-nesters living the granola life in a not-so-crunchy city.  Our kids (DS 8, DS 7, DD 4) are home birthed and educated, and we just found out that a new Little will be added to our roost mid-April '14!

#3 of 3 Old 12-23-2008, 08:41 PM

I'm knitting my partner a scarf and rolling a gift certificate for a massage in the center of it. Gift and packaging all in one! I'll tie the scarf roll with a ribbon or a cord or something. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page