Help Needed With Mudroom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-17-2009, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We just moved and downsized a lot. Our new entryway/mudroom has very limited wall space and is not totally square but is about 12x12. One wall has about 4 feet of coat hanging space, another wall has just enough room for a table with all the dog/cat/horse food. There is no more wall space due to 3 doors, wall heaters and a fancy propane heater that looks like a wood stove. I have a shoe organizer which should be against a wall but is sitting in the middle of the room being stepped on. I have stackable mitten/hat type of organizer which is also in the middle of the room. So I am trying to get creative with the space. The table is too big for the center of the room. The propane heater cannot go. Has anyone ever seen an island in a mudroom? Any other ideas on how to handle the space?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-18-2009, 03:04 AM

Is there anywhere you could build shelves to put shoes on? Or put the shoe thing under the table if it will fit? It's hard to say without seeing the space.

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

#3 of 3 Old 01-18-2009, 03:23 AM

get a couple coat tree or one of those closet on wheels, with a bar for hangers

is there's any where, even rerouting a path, that you could put a bench with a compartment or shelf under it?

dp and i take our shoes off under our bench, and then we hang our things on a coat tree around the wall into the living room -- and the rest of the mudroom is for the kids, all three of them have about 2 feet for their own area/cubby

consider removing one of the doors if there's another route that can be taken, and build a shoe shelf there maybe

i've also hugely edited out shoe supply and update when needed. right now the kids wear their snow boots and that's it.....literally. *they change into slippers at their school

any few inches of wall can have some big fat nails or hooks coming out of it for hanging a single thing on.

my mudroom sounds exactly like yours so i've thought about this a lot

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page