opportunity to design a closet - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-24-2009, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
let's put this under organizing. we have added a few rooms on to our house, one of which is slated to be my "sitting room"/craft room/tv room. *my cubby* where i can do my scrapbooking, sewing and other fancies that might catch my interest. it is a room just off the bedroom, connected by a double french door. we have included a closet, but it is a "smaller" old fashioned kind of space with a regular door (not like the more modern closets). today the drywallers finished their work and within a couple weeks the trim carpenters will be here to add a shelf to the closet. this is my chance to "custom design" the interior of the closet instead of just go with a metal bar to hang clothes and an impractical wooden "shelf" that leaves a lot of space closer to the ceiling wasted.

i was eyeballing the space today, and considering the way the room will be used, i don't see the need for a bar to hang clothes in; rather i'd like to consider putting in a bunch of little cubbies to store and organize supplies and other stuff that i will keep in this room. i'm thinking boxes of photos, place for photo albums, places to store CDs and DVDs with photos, perhaps a few movies, sewing supplies, cloth and fabric, etc., etc.

does anyone have any ideas for how to execute this? i would so appreciate any ideas. i'm thinking of going to ikea and just looking around. maybe tomorrow i can take a picture of the blank space and figure out how to upload it. thanks for any help!

#2 of 2 Old 01-24-2009, 02:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is in my office -- its Ikea's Expedit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33115867@N06/3086243836

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page