Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post
Well,I found the floor!

The work room.

Still working on it.
Good progress!!!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 107 Old 02-23-2009, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightheart View Post
rere, sewing machine parts and pieces are valuable to many... depends on what you mean by value though.. if you mean $.. depends totally on what a person is willing to pay and what a person is willing to sell stuff for. If you mean valuable as in "not trash" .. to me, and many people anything sewing machine related is not trash, even the most rusted locked up, boat anchor of a machine.. it's a mission to save every machine and bit of machine from the scrap pile! ... something boardering on obbsession

If you need help id'ing the parts pm me or post over in the sewing section here on MDC and nudge me to the post and I'll try to figure out what machine they would go to...

BEWARE my solution with what you should do with the accessories will be that you need to find the machine to go with them instead of finding someone with that machine! I am an enabler when it comes to sewing machines... totally goes against the grain of decluttering... but imagine all the fun things you could make with a sewing machine!
Thanks!I'll take some pics and post over there.I'll let you know when I do.My hands are full with twin babies right now but as soon as I get a chance.

Oh,and I meant value as in use or want.I'd be happy to give them to someone who would be happy to have them.I already have 3 machines so I'm going to go with the finding the person option rather than finding the machine.

#93 of 107 Old 02-23-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
Good progress!!!
Thanks!Since cleaning it up,I've already completed 2 unfinished projects(because now I have the space)and started a third.

#94 of 107 Old 02-23-2009, 02:43 PM

Wow, you ladies have made some awesome progress! How is everyone else doing?

I've been bogged down with my dissertation, so I kinda dropped out of the challenge for a week or so. While I'm done with my basement, I haven't touched the office closet. In fact it looks even worse now, because I threw a bunch more stuff in there to hide during our party this the weekend :. Maybe I'll tackle it next month...maybe . But on the plus side, I decluttered the bathroom storage area and coat wardrobe, and thoroughly scrubbed my house before and after the party. So now my house is pretty spotless (excluding the office closet of course)!

sunnysandiegan, I have to say you have an awesome fabric stash!
#95 of 107 Old 02-23-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Babe View Post
I know I am coming in late but I really need to do this!

My specific goals-

-Finish the garage- not that bad, but i have one area that is all my mess, plus some bagged stuff that I need to go through

-Foyer closet- everything from coats, scrapbooking stuff, gift wrap, yarn and assorted crap has gone in here for years. Must clean it out

-Fiber Storage- I use ds's closet since he can't be trusted with a closet. Apparently, though, I am not that closet trustworthy either, and I need to keep it from overgrowing and spilling into his room. Will go through the top shelves and see if any big brother clothes will fit little brother yet, wash and bring them down at the same time.

-Desk/cabinet/bills- I should do this at the same time I do the foyer as I would like to go through all my paperwork and get it organized.

Can I do it in a week and a half? (Sing it with me! Yes We Can!. Hm. Going for more Bob the Builder than Obama, but either way...)
Yes we can!
#96 of 107 Old 02-23-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slsurface View Post
Wow, you ladies have made some awesome progress! How is everyone else doing?

I've been bogged down with my dissertation, so I kinda dropped out of the challenge for a week or so. While I'm done with my basement, I haven't touched the office closet. In fact it looks even worse now, because I threw a bunch more stuff in there to hide during our party this the weekend :. Maybe I'll tackle it next month...maybe . But on the plus side, I decluttered the bathroom storage area and coat wardrobe, and thoroughly scrubbed my house before and after the party. So now my house is pretty spotless (excluding the office closet of course)!

sunnysandiegan, I have to say you have an awesome fabric stash!
Thanks! I haven't photographed the rest. I finished organizing and putting it all away, but I still have "stuff" in front of the cabinet...

March will be my scrub the house twice month. I hope I can say our house is pretty spotless this time next month!!!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#97 of 107 Old 02-23-2009, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

The month is almost over and I haven't even stepped foot in my garage. DH hasn't either. Feb has just flown by! I'll have to try to get in their this week. Although, DH pulled out SIL's car since she is coming home from deployment soon and the garage looks a ton bigger!

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#98 of 107 Old 02-23-2009, 10:35 PM

i am unequivocally the biggest slacker here i haven't even tried to work on anything this month. :

i think our fast and furious kitchen remodel really did us in! : and now dh is planning outside work for spring including a new patio and waterproofing the basement. you know, simple stuff!

glad to see that most of you are being much more productive than i am!

: : vicki ~ wife & mom of 2 amazing kids
live well ~ laugh often ~ love much
#99 of 107 Old 02-25-2009, 10:54 AM

After a week of sickness for little g. and Big G.... g. off to preschool and G. at school... I have until about 1:00 to work all by myself, with absolutely no other creature in the house except the fish and the cockatiels who really aren't that demanding... I am off to the basement. Wish me luck - I will return!
#100 of 107 Old 02-26-2009, 02:03 PM

I have been slacking this week.

#101 of 107 Old 02-26-2009, 06:58 PM

i havent really done much this month. i feel badly about it but my focus has been elsewhere. i just got home from house sitting for a few days and on homecoming i jumped right in an decluttered my front porch and front hallway and closet. nothing to do with spring cleaning.we had another big dump of snow the last few days. everything is sparkly ands white outside.. but after being in the other house i really realised how nice mine is and want to keep going and get it really really nice. my laundry room is next up and i have 2 days, so the next two days are for that room. and i have some painting to do. i cant wait! my birthday is on march 1st so i figure its a good birthday gift to myself to get the house stuff done so i can relax!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#102 of 107 Old 02-27-2009, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm9799 View Post
i am unequivocally the biggest slacker here

Whoa, whoa, don't take all of the credit.

Our garage is just too cold to step foot into (and I'm a ginormous baby). Bless DH's heart for cleaning up in there. I still have TONS of stuff to donate/sell/whatever.

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#103 of 107 Old 02-27-2009, 03:57 AM

Okay, it is February 26 and I am FINISHED!!! :

You can see pictures here! I removed all the "progress" shots, so it is B4 and AFTER for each view.

Without actually finishing the rest of the house, though, we cannot truly FINISH this room. I am very, very, very happy with where it is now!!!

This room is always in a state of flux. We bought our townhouse in the summer of 2000. I painted the South wall dark blue and painted the shelving unit the same color and we stored our bicycles on the top shelf (bolt in stud with bungee cords held them in place). The bicycles blended in. We used this room as den for awhile, then a playroom when DD came along. The table was against the slider or the wall back then and sometimes not even up (it fits under our bed with the legs off). This was also our guest room for several years. We'd just set it up as a guest room for the guests and then convert it back to a playroom shortly after they left. For 2-3 years, I did custom crafts for clients, which involved a LOT of sewing (and paper crafts), and then I decided I didn't want to do that anymore since I was always doing crafts for other people and never had time for my own family's crafts. Either Fall 2005 or Fall 2006 is when all the sewing stuff originally got packed away and we did some big home improvement projects, using this room as the staging area and the backyard (slightly larger than a patio) for the actual work since it is right outside this room. In September 2007, most of our house was practically empty for some major home improvement projects and we lived with my dad (just minutes away). We slowly got the house back to usable order and this room was the staging area for all that. It was clean and set up for home improvement projects from Thanksgiving 2007 to Thanksgiving 2008 while housing all the last bit of "stuff" from each room. During December, we dragged out most of the stuff from the storage closet in this room (goes under stairs) to get the Christmas decor and because I was tired of it being messy and crammed full. After Christmas, I only put back into the closet what I wanted to be stored in there. The room itself was a disaster in January, but oh the closet was simply lovely! So, this challenge was perfectly timed for me to get rid of and reorganize the stuff in the room that had come from the closet and throughout the whole house really from the last few years of home improvement projects. I can sew again!!! I haven't seen most of my sewing supplies for 3-4 years!!! Once we finish other rooms, then I can repaint the blue shelving unit to match the new wall color (all over the room now) and we can store our bicycles on it again. DH will be soooooo happy! :

THANK YOU FOR THE CHALLENGE!!!!

#104 of 107 Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 AM

I am amazed sunnysansiegan! You get a and a from me! I am happy for you as I sure you are too. Having a project room will be nice for you and your family.

Now for all you slackers out there...... I was going to put in this smilie... but then I thought this one would be better... : Because there is always next month!!!!!
#105 of 107 Old 02-27-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
Okay, it is February 26 and I am FINISHED!!! :

You can see pictures here! I removed all the "progress" shots, so it is B4 and AFTER for each view.
Awesome job! You should be incredibly proud!

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#106 of 107 Old 02-27-2009, 03:35 PM

Lightheart and SAHDS:

THANK YOU!!! :

This was as much an emotional journey as a physical decluttering for me. Your support and recognition are very much appreciated.

#107 of 107 Old 02-28-2009, 01:57 PM

sunny: what an amazing journey. :

im starting to get motivated again. i did a bunch of stuff yesterday and i have plans for today. ive been away for a few days, so now that im home i really want to get started again..after my mdc fix im part way done my laundry room and once thats done i think im going to paint in there and the upstairs batrhroom. they are teeny tiny but really need freshening up. it wont take me long to do and i know it will help me want to keep it nicer if it looks better.. hopefully i can get to the hardware store today

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page