Feng Shui Declutter Workshop - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 03-07-2009, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My copy just came in the mail today!!!!

I"m so excited....:

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#32 of 40 Old 03-07-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_momma2007 View Post
Things to look out for in the entryway:

shoes

What to do:

Put a shoe rack
uggh - this is a sore point for us....we have a tiny house and tiny closets. DH wants his shoes by the front door - I try to remember to put mine in my closet in an effort to keep things neat, but somehow we end up with tons of shoes by the front door...I don't really want to get a shoe rack because that's one more "thing" to have...

does the book give a "reason" why shoes and other clutter is bad for the front door, maybe it'll give me some back up in getting DH to move his shoes to his closet.

PS - thanks for the great thread!
#33 of 40 Old 03-07-2009, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariel0419 View Post
uggh - this is a sore point for us....we have a tiny house and tiny closets. DH wants his shoes by the front door - I try to remember to put mine in my closet in an effort to keep things neat, but somehow we end up with tons of shoes by the front door...I don't really want to get a shoe rack because that's one more "thing" to have...

does the book give a "reason" why shoes and other clutter is bad for the front door, maybe it'll give me some back up in getting DH to move his shoes to his closet.

PS - thanks for the great thread!
I believe it's because a shoe rack will keep the shoes orderly, as opposed to strewn all over the place.

Dalila, mom to two boys, 7 and 5

490/2013

#34 of 40 Old 03-07-2009, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightheart View Post
anyone want to throw out a guess why not 2 mirrors facing each other?

I wonder also if thay are not directly facing each other but more angled like you would see in a dressing room... what then okay or not okay?
Because it would just bounce the flow of chic back and forth.

490/2013

#35 of 40 Old 03-08-2009, 01:18 PM

I boxed up the Christmas decorations finally!!!! Unpacked a couple of boxes of my bottle collection and put them in the cabinet that was storing the holiday decor, it's really pretty I think and makes me happy to see my bottles again, silly I guess but .....

I scored 2 really nice wingback chairs from the curb on Friday for the living room so I moved our futon out of there and back into our bedroom where it really belongs, so nice not to have to put it back up everyday so we have enough seating. I know not in the entry but the living room is the first thing you see when you walk through the door so in a way it's helping the entry.

...makes sense that the chi just bounces back and forth when mirros face each other, pretty simple of a concept, I think I was over thinking again when I posted the question, sometimes simple thinking is better.
#36 of 40 Old 03-08-2009, 05:38 PM

I'm retouching the paint on the walls and the trim. We have a small entryway (live in condo) and everything looks so much nicer w fresh paint. I have a mirror that does face the door and it also holds our keys so they are always in one spot. Everytime I take it down it looks so bare. I love mirrors and have several. Also, looking for a nice front door mat. Other than that it looks good. I try to get DH to clean up his shoes and for the most part its free of shoes. I couldn't find the book at the library or at the bookstore so I'll be checking the thread to see whats next.
#37 of 40 Old 03-08-2009, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Is everyone done with their entryway? If so, we can move on to the next challenge. I was thinking we could do family office next, since that's the March challenge?

490/2013

#38 of 40 Old 03-09-2009, 03:35 PM

I would love to join in. I don't know much about Feng Shui but I would love to learn. I'll work on my front hall today.

I have also always wanted to set up an online picture album like Flickr. Maybe I can do that also and post before and after pics. I always love seeing pictures of peoples homes!

Michelle , 20+ years with a wonderful DH
Mama to two boys, 12 and 10

#39 of 40 Old 03-09-2009, 06:59 PM

Mostly done with the entry, I think.

The front entry needed coats thinned out to the closet, and I moved the kiddo's trunk of hats/shoes in there (which is pretty cheery and now not blocking the stairs). We use the actual front door minimally, so I neatened the 'second entry' too which meant taking all the tools I'm often too lazy downstairs finally. And once I finish up puttering around the computer, yes I will go through all that junk mail! We usually do a little better with it.

Now, the picture of the garbage cans is what one actually sees when coming through the second entry. It probably needs me to tidy it up too, maybe switch out the painting we've got there & move a few things somewhere else. . . so I'll wait and see on how that goes.

(ugh. . the office next, I can't even imagine where I'd even consider that in our house. We have no official office so stuff like that is scattered around and I admit I fear household 'office' paper stuff the most.)
#40 of 40 Old 03-14-2009, 11:52 AM

I would be interested in hearing about doing the office. I'm taking vacation from computer until March 22 though, so I can spend more time with the kids during their spring break... doing a quick pop in today though

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page