15 Minute Sessions of Cleaning. Anyone else need to be held accountable? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2009, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ended up doing dishes in 15 minutes, laundry in 15 minutes (twice), vacuumed downstairs in 15 minutes, cleaned out the cat's box and surrounding area in 15 minutes, and worked on aprons in 15-min increments. Three aprons are completely finished now. : Two more aprons are farther along in the assembly line process...

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2009, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Welcome PhatChristy!

I'm still feeling under the weather with a cold. But I would like to accomplish some small sessions of cleaning.

1) Make bed and put away laundry.
2) Wash dishes and clean counters.
3) Clear kitchen table and coffee table.
4) Clean bathroom (scrub toilet, sink and bathtub).
5) Change Litter Box and fill cats' food and water dishes.
6) Call my niece Adrianna and wish her a happy 11th birthday--and get her card and birthday check in the mail. Plus, mail my niece Hayley's card and check for her 7th birthday in a few days.
7) Dust if I feel up to it.

I wish everyone a happy, productive Saturday!!

I'm so happy it's spring!!!:::
Old 03-22-2009, 02:57 AM

All 8 aprons are finished and just about everything is ready for the party tomorrow! :

We also got a head start on the cupcakes for Monday's school party. They are baked and in the freezer awaiting decorating tomorrow evening.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 03-22-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
All 8 aprons are finished and just about everything is ready for the party tomorrow! :

We also got a head start on the cupcakes for Monday's school party. They are baked and in the freezer awaiting decorating tomorrow evening.
well i don't know what your talking about, but it sounds like alot of work............and it's done! great job. i will have to go back and read, sounds like fun!
Old 03-22-2009, 08:48 PM

Sunny, How was the party?

My house is officially a disaster area. I haven't cleaned all weekend and it shows. It looks like I haven't cleaned in months. I already did 1 15 minute session this morning while I wanted for the griddle to heat up. So, the dishes are done and put away. Now I have to:

-Clean bedroom- Done
- clean den-Done
- put the tiles back down in the playroom since DD tore them up again-Done
- clean up the living room since people are coming by tomorrow- Done
- I have a ton of e-mails I have to respond to hopefully get rid of some of this clutter we have around the house- done
- wipe down the bathrooms- Done
- do 4 loads of laundry and wash the diapers as well-One in the washer - Diapers in dryer- Two folded and put away
- Clean up my closet office (my office is actually a closet)- the best part about a closet office is that its so small its easy to keep clean and organized... oh yea, its done
- get together the library books so DH can drop them off when he gets home-Done
- Another load of dishes-Done
- wipe down sinks
- work on DD1's dress that I need to finish before she grows out of it.- done, all I have to do is sew on a zipper to finish the dress. I don't have a zipper so I have to go get one
- catch up on my journal writing- Need to put in Friday, Saturday and Sunday-Done
- Clean off table

I have to say, I think I might just finish everything today.. that would be a first.. Well, Ill finish everything if I stop adding to it

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 03-23-2009, 12:16 PM

Good morning.

First 15 min.
-unload dishwasher
-load dishwasher
-clean off kitchen counter and stove
Old 03-23-2009, 05:26 PM

Party was awesome. Check out pictures.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
Party was awesome. Check out pictures.
Congratulations!!!! The aprons look great!! That is such a creative birthday party idea!! Kudos for all the hard work!!!

I'm still very under the weather. I completed the weekend tasks that I listed on Saturday, but after that I took it easy. I'm just going to rest until I get better. I can't wait to get back to posting my goals on this thread, though. Great job to all you hard working ladies!!
Old 03-26-2009, 02:19 AM

Im so unmotivated this week. I had another migrane on Sunday, probably the worse one Ive had in a really long time and Im having problems motivating myself to do anything now. I need to get things done though. I did a lot of Monday but haven't done anything since. Its 1:16pm and my girls aren't even dressed for today. We have someone coming by tonight and picking up our unused crib (yea! I have enough to get the play kitchen I want to get for DD1. The one we have right now isn't "real" enough for her so shes using my real oven to play with... not a good situation).
Things I really have to get done before the guy gets here tonight:
Clean off the crib so it can be moved
Clean a path through the playroom so it can be removed
Laundry- the never ending pile.. (ok, one in washer, one in dryer, one folded)

DH might be getting tomorrow off, YEA! So, I really need to get a few more things done so I can feel ok about slacking on Friday and spending the day with him.. Things that need to get done for that:
clean kitchen- sweep/mop floor
sweep/mop living room
Clean bedroom
clean media room
clean both bathrooms
clean out Dragon and Snake cages
Feed snake (ok, I refuse to do this so I need to make DH do it when he gets home)

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 03-26-2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post
Congratulations!!!! The aprons look great!! That is such a creative birthday party idea!! Kudos for all the hard work!!!

I'm still very under the weather. I completed the weekend tasks that I listed on Saturday, but after that I took it easy. I'm just going to rest until I get better. I can't wait to get back to posting my goals on this thread, though. Great job to all you hard working ladies!!
Thanks!

I hope you feel better soon. New jobs, new germs. Blah. Take time for yourself and allow your body to fully recover.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:40 AM

I've just got a couple things I'm trying to do today. Ten minutes each (very busy today, can't spend much time):

1. Laundry (hang/put away) DONE
2. Load dishwasher DONE
3. Living room
4. Kitchen DONE
5. Dining room DONE
6. Bathroom
7. Hallway DONE
8. Bedroom

I'm just going to blitz my way around the apartment. Not touching the kids' rooms today, that'll be for tomorrow. I don't have much time to get this all done. I'll update as I progress.

I'm making good progress. My list is halfway done. Now for the other half.

I'm done for the day. I didn't get to the bedroom, bathroom, or living room as the laundry took longer to finish but I put a pretty big dent in the cleaning I wanted to get done today.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:23 PM

Hi can I play too? So for the last three days i have done almost NOTHING but sit here at the computer hoping the magic cleaning fairy would show up and clean my house for me(appearently my house is so messy she won't even touch it lol) So it is time to stop moping and do something about it!

So I am going to rotate some laundry and then do the disshes and Ideally the counter while I make oatmeal for the kidlets....here goes

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

Old 03-28-2009, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Carole3 and Fairy4tmama!

I'm back!!! Yay!!! Today I will have a relatively extensive list (at least for me on a Saturday):

1) Wash Dishes and Clean Sink and Counter.
2) Clear Table (and throw dead flowers away; I gave them to DH who refuses to let me throw them away even though they are dead. ... So maybe I should buy him new flowers....)
3) Sweep and Mop Kitchen, Pantry and Bathroom.
4) Scoop Litter Box.
5) Clean Bathroom Sink and Toilet.
6) Clean all Mirrors and Windows. (Welcome Spring!!)
7) Vacuum Carpets. (Maybe DH will do this one--though he generally pitches in when he is home and I am cleaning.)
8) Bake 2 Loaves of Whole Wheat Bread and freeze one of them.
9) Prepare a shopping list for DH when he goes out today.
10) Either aerobics and toning video for 50 minutes or toning video for 30 minutes.
11) DUST!!!!!
12) Transfrer pictures/paintings to the rooms where they belong. (DH and I recently moved our bedroom to the old livingroom and vice versa.)
13) Empty all trash cans in all rooms.
14) Oganize CDs.
15) Declutter for at least 15 minutes.
16) Wash Comforter.
17) Plan meals for the week.

Okay--so some of these things may be done tomorrow. But it is my goal to get all that I can get done today so that I can relax after Meeting tomorrow. :-)

I invite all to join me who have as few as one goal to many things needing to be done. 15 minute sessions work wonders.

Ready, Set, Go!!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

I completed the following:

1) Wash Dishes and Clean Sink and Counter.
2) Clear Table (and throw dead flowers away; I gave them to DH who refuses to let me throw them away even though they are dead. ... So maybe I should buy him new flowers....)
3) Sweep and Mop Kitchen, Pantry and Bathroom.
4) Scoop Litter Box.
5) Clean Bathroom Sink and Toilet.
6) Prepare a shopping list for DH when he goes out today.
7) Transfrer pictures/paintings to the rooms where they belong. (DH and I recently moved our bedroom to the old livingroom and vice versa.)
8) Washed and Dried Comforter.
9) Washed, Dried and Folded a load of laundry.
10) Made Bed.
11) Cleared top of dresser.

Tomorrow I will do the following:

1) Clean all Mirrors and Windows. (Welcome Spring!!)
2) Bake 2 Loaves of Whole Wheat Bread and freeze one of them.
3) Bake 2 Banana Cakes.
4) Either aerobics and toning video for 50 minutes or toning video for 30 minutes.
5) DUST!!!!!
6) Empty all trash cans in all rooms.
7) Oganize CDs.
8) Declutter for at least 15 minutes.
9) Plan meals for the week.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:28 AM

I didn't get anything done over the weekend. DH came back from Tailand with some weird skin problem and the antibotic they have him on makes him really sick. I ended up spening the weekend playing nursemaid.
Im going to do a few little things today to get back into the swing of things. DD1 is in a mood (shes been crying nonstop this morning, nothing is making her happy) so getting things done is going to be harder than normal.
Today I need to:
- Catch up on dishes (done)
- catch up on laundry (did 3 loads)
- clean bedroom
- clean media room
- relist crib since the person who wanted it never showed- Finished, also put up some extra food that we aren't going to use before it expires. Now I just have to hope the people show up this time.
- sweep front room
- pick up DD's books again. (did)

Thats all Im doing today. If I get it all done I might work on DD's easter dress.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:40 PM

Maybe I should "play" today???

Late last month and earlier in this month, I worked hard on our family office. Then, I got the whole house presentable for the party and cleaned up from said party. I have spent the last four days being creative on my treasure map (see spirituality forum for details) and cleaned up from that (soooo much easier now!). Now... in the last two days of the month, I want to finish our office and master bedroom.

My list:
~ Strip our bed, spin the mattress, wash everything, hang to dry outside in the sun. All done before sundown yesterday and our bed smelled TERRRRRRIFIC last night!!! :
~ Find a home for two projects in our bedroom - one is done, the other has moved into the family office, but doesn't have a home yet.
~ Go through the remaining items in the office.
~ Do final touches for both rooms in order to photograph both rooms.
~ Oh, yes, and I was so sleepy this morning, I literally rolled out of bed, dressed quickly in way-too-warm clothes, and walked DD to school. I have a meeting tonight, so a shower and more appropriate clothing would be nice. - done and the meeting was actually FUN!

~ I added dusting the whole upstairs and vacuuming every room upstairs, also. - done

I'd WAY rather sit on my duff and read MDC all day today, btw, so this is a REALLY GOOD topic for me to see for motivation. Thanks!

Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 PM

So, not everything on my list got done yesterday. Not a surprise considering it was a tall order.

Today, I'll finish:

~ Go through the remaining items in the office. - Done
~ Do final touches for both rooms in order to photograph both rooms for room challenge. - Done...pictures also taken and nearly uploaded. Internet is sllllow tonight...

and ~add~

~ Empty dishwasher, reload. - Done
~ Do two loads of laundry. - Done 4/1
~ Type up remaining "fun things to do on Spring Break" on strips of paper and add to our "activity" jars. (DD & I started this yesterday and got the brainstorming part done in 15 minutes, then the calendar - specific dates - part done in another 15 minutes. She has a month off for Spring Break. : ) - Done 4/1
~ Take out all the trash and recycling. - Done, except I ended up filling up two recycling bins in our office while finishing my task above.
~ Clean out litter box and vacuum cat's "room". - Done

Oops! I forgot to add my usual Tuesday task:
~ Family finances & paperwork, which is all I have managed to finish thus far today (12:30 pm) : It is usually a quick 15-60 minute task, but took me over an hour and a half due to a few phone calls and extra reports I wanted to run since it is also quarter-end. I also gave DH the highlights after dinner.

My usual Wednesday task is a project. I had "scrapbook" slated for today, but I ended up having an appt 45 minutes away (each way) and my DD had an unexpected early day from school. No scrapbooking. My FIRST Wednesday of the month task is "work on iPhoto" (our photo library) and I just finished doing that. Our kitchen and entire house are clean and tidy, so I plan to shower and relax with DH until bed.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

This evening my husband and I have washed the dishes and cleaned the counter. We prepared the morning's coffee to brew. We did 2 five minute room rescues and made the bed. The litter box has been scooped and the bathroom quickly wiped down. I'm about to clear the kitchen table and get ready for bed.

Also, I did half an hour of toning exercises. Tonight I am very low energy and thoroughly exhausted.

Happy cleaning to all....
Old 04-02-2009, 01:19 AM

I got a lot done yesterday but theres still a bunch to get done. Today I need to:

- Finish sweeping the bedroom, playroom, media room
- Pick up the books from the hallway
- clean the hall bathroom
- sweep the living room
- clean off the kitchen table.
- work on DD's easter dress, cut the pattern out for DD2's dress.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:52 AM

Today:

Clean bedroom floor
Clean living room
Declutter living room

Mama to two boys and a girl.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:24 PM

ok; i am just going to make a list of things that need to be done. we just moved in, so finding new homes for everything.......well, you know. anyone who has ever moved knows.

areas that need to be created or sorted.........
*docking station landing pad for entry way
*outdoor winter wear landing
*electronics, computer, printer files, officie stuff
*toy room
*a place for linens
*sort toiletries/medicine/bathroom stuff close
*laundry area

we'll see what happens today . wish me luck!

Old 04-07-2009, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Okay I will check back in about 30 minutes and see what I can get done.
Here is what I hope for.....

laundry switched over
put new load in
bring clothes upstairs
fold laundry
send email to dh
load dishwasher
empty garbages

That list is done.
I did get side tracked with nursing, crafts, tidying other stuff....but I am hoping to do some more now...
Old 04-11-2009, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, it's Saturday after a long week, and there are some things I simply need to get done. I need to:

1) Transfer 1st load of laundry (sheets) to the dryer. DONE
2) Toss another load (blankets) into the washer. DONE
3) Also wash and dry comforters. DONE
4) Make bed. DONE
5) Pretreat a couple of shirts.
6) Wash, dry and fold a load of regular laundry.
7) Put away clean dishes. DONE
8) Wash dishes (and dry and put them away, as well). DONE
9) Clean out refrigerator. DONE
10) Change litter box. DONE
11) Put books that I recently purchased away.
12) Wash sneakers.
13) Clear kitchen table and counter. DONE
14) 5 minute room rescues in living room and bedroom.
15) Dust.
16) Clean mirrors.
17) Vacuum living room and bedroom carpets.
18) Clean bathroom.
19) Make a yummy supper. DONE
20) Plan something delicious for Easter. DONE

This is a long list, but many of the things can be done while laundry is washing or drying.

Please feel free to jump in!!
Old 04-12-2009, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Most of these are leftover from yesterday. I am adding a few new things for today.

Pretreat a couple of shirts.
Wash a few hand-washables and hang them to dry.
Make Vegetable Broth and freeze in usable portion sizes.
Make red pepper hummus!!
Make an Easter dinner of Neat Loaf, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Creamy Country Gravy, a vegetable and a dessert (getting hubby's opinion and assistance here).
Wash, dry and fold a load of regular laundry.
Put books that I recently purchased away.
Wash sneakers.
5 minute room rescues in living room and bedroom.
Dust.
Clean mirrors.
Vacuum living room and bedroom carpets.
Clean bathroom.
Write out Thank You cards for last October's wedding. (This one has been weighing on my conscience.)
Exercise.
Plan budget for next couple of months.
Call family members to wish them a Happy Easter!!

I'm going to tackle these a few at a time, mostly in 15 minute increments, and will be back to report my progress.

Happy Easter to all...........
Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 AM

Okay I am finishing my coffee and then the list begins.

My first 15 minutes will be:

stripping bedding off beds and bringing them downstairs.
gathering laundry to bring downstairs
gather up garbage
gather up recycling
start folding laundry

then i will be back:
Old 04-13-2009, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm going to go do 15 minutes now, then I'll report back...

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 04-13-2009, 12:02 PM

I set the timer for 15 minutes and:

- made my bed
- picked up the clothes on my floor
- emptied the dishwasher
- started clearing the kitchen counter
- changed a stinky ds

Old 04-13-2009, 12:17 PM

stripping bedding off beds and bringing them downstairs.
gathering laundry to bring downstairs
gather up garbage
gather up recycling
DONE
start folding laundry

Got sidetracked from the laundry folding but instead I gathered my dishes and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher.

Right now I am finishing my coffee and a piece of the Amish bread.

Then back to another 15 minutes....

folding laundry and putting laundry away for 15 minutes!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:53 PM

Just put in another 15 minutes.

I:

- did a load of dishes
- cleaned the kitchen sink
- cleared off the kitchen counter

Old 04-13-2009, 01:40 PM