Those with only one bathroom... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-06-2009, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems that everyone in our house has to go at the same exact time several times a week. Usually that means dh or I end up doing the potty dance while we wait for the kids.

I'd definitely prefer 2 bathrooms. Is there an option to add one later?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 09:04 AM

We use to have one bathroom at our old house and it wasn't too bad until our older daughters became teens. So when we bought this house one of the big sellers for us was that it had two full bathrooms. And I must say it made all the difference when poor DH was trying to get ready for work and the older two were trying to get ready for school. Especially with them being girls! I also agree that one bathroom is hard if you liked to entertain like we do. It is also nice to have one upstairs this time around so we don't have to schlep downstairs to go in the middle of the night

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

Old 04-06-2009, 04:53 PM

We definitely need more than one (not necessarily shower but toilet), but that is because we often have guests. We ourselves could make do with one.

My MIL is a slow, long showerer so I almost feel it's worth cleaning a second bath just to have one for her to use if she visits!

I think the second toilet will become more important as my kids potty-train, since kids can't wait for long. But we have two full baths and a half bath and that is more than we need really. We don't use our basement bathroom almost ever (though our guests do).
Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ygle View Post
Wow, I'm really impressed with those that have one and no issues... we are a family of six with two bathrooms and we often seem to find ourselves wishing for more -especially as my kids get older! Whenever my kids have more than one friend over both bathrooms are always getting used at the same time... usually with a line, even then! And my younger ones are always wanting to take a bath while another wants a shower... and getting out for weekend adventures always takes planning for bathroom use for us (and we even shower in pairs). I would love to add another bathroom... or at least just a toilet and sink room... as it is there have been so many times I've been *extremely* grateful to have at least the two.
that

We're a family of 6 with one full and one half bath. I really, really want another full bath.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:07 PM

We rent a house with one bathroom. My one problem with it is that it is downstairs and the bedrooms are upstairs. I wish it was the other way around. Other than that, no issues with only having one.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Old 04-14-2009, 07:54 PM

It's not a problem for us at all. We have a 5 and a 2 year old. I wouldn't want another bathroom. Too much hassle.

Nicole | Mom to Ciara & Oliver | Finally living aboard & loving it!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:32 PM

I grew up in a house with just one bathroom, and we always did just fine. We're now living in that same house with my dad - so currently 3 adults and one toddler, and soon to be a new baby... I'm pretty positive we'll manage just fine
Old 04-15-2009, 12:03 AM

There were 6 of us when I was growing up and we had one bathroom. It was sometimes tricky, but it worked. We have two bathrooms now for the 4 of us, and while I like having 2, we could totally make it work with one.

Knit natural toys for your kids! Shop Hedgehog Lane and check out the simple-to-knit patterns for sweet toys and gifts. Visit my blog- Duo Fiberworks- for a crafty conversation between me and my twin sister.

User Tag List