Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2009, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
I also had dd1 give me 1 or 2 toys that she doesn't really like. Of course she gives me her sister's stuff. Little sneak.
Sounds like when we were growing up, my brothers would do this ALL the time. Luckily my mom started making them clean up WITH each other, so she could mediate. They like to 'repossess' each other's cool toys, too.

@ Bella Babe; I am so sorry! I can't even imagine. Wishing you positivity and clean, calm house vibes. s
Old 05-03-2009, 05:29 PM

I did some spring cleaning last week and will continue today. I had dh shoved up in the attic arranging things so we can clean it out. We have so much stuff up there we don't even remember what's up there. I've discovered that when the time arrives that you no longer know what you have, you can absolutely live without it-which is right where I am.

Attic purge is imminent but the laundry room has already been tackled. YAY ME! I know this isn't a pic thread, but I'll show it anyway just for fun. This room was so, so bad for me. It had turned into a catch all and I couldn't see the floor.

If anyone was part of the Clean, Clear Spaces thread I confess that my laundry room has been my white whale.

banana.gif

Old 05-03-2009, 05:58 PM

I've started to work on two scrap quilts at the same time, and any scrap fabric that is still left after that gets thrown out... of course the house is a mess because of all the quilting going on now

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
Old 05-12-2009, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry no update from me for awhile, been busy w/ outside stuff.

My next project is TOYS, GAMES, & BOOKS. We are overrun with them, and it's time for most of them to GO!

Old 05-12-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama~Love View Post
Sorry no update from me for awhile, been busy w/ outside stuff.

My next project is TOYS, GAMES, & BOOKS. We are overrun with them, and it's time for most of them to GO!

I need to clear out books, too. Why are books so stinking hard to clear out??

banana.gif

Old 05-12-2009, 04:16 PM

I love the spring but o wow do I hate cleaning! It really overwhelms me... A little suggestion: I use clutterprescription.com. Seriously I swear by it!

Does anyone else have any other suggestions for people like me who aren't naturally organized?
Old 05-12-2009, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenluv View Post
I need to clear out books, too. Why are books so stinking hard to clear out??
LOL, I don't know. They just seem to multiply during the night it seems .

Old 05-12-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultivatingMyRoots View Post
Ok, well, my spring cleaning is also some very serious nesting. Nesting, for me, generally includes a lot of crafting....Which is a messy process. So the spring cleaning will be touch and go, but at least I will be accomplishing things!

Anyways, my to-do list:
CD's out of plastic cases and buy an album-thing for them(they currently take up a whole moving box!) - done, and wow did it feel good!
Finish laundry basket of mostly-finished projects - half done, but the hard/tricky stuff is left, and I keep ADDING to the pile....
Purge clothes in prep for postpartum - done, and I've even made a list of what I'll need to replace/add
Get Ikea shelves (billy and benno) to finish up the library/craft room
Keep up with daily tasks, so they are routine when baby comes (HA!)- close enough that it's not a priority

I'm sure there's more, but tackling small lists is probably safer than just making the list and not doing any of it. Luck to everybody!
WOO! I'm rather proud of me. I also built two last planter boxes, and filled them with dirt, and cleaned up the backyard dirt mess so we have a patio again. I've been SLOWLY getting to the back room, which is my HUGE project that I need to get done before baby, but we have guests this weekend that I would like to not die of embarassment when they want to watch TV with us, so sooner would be nice.

The baby is sick, and taking another nap, so I'm off to tackle the crap-room!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:11 PM

:

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

User Tag List