Getting rid of books feels soooo good - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-11-2009, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH is a book fanatic and we have so many books. They were all in the baby room, because that is where the built in bookshelves are. Well, we had to clean out the room completely when we painted and I convinced him that we should get rid of some books.

It was amazing, we are getting rid of 75% of our books!!!:::
DH is going to open an Amazon store to try and sell all our CD's and books! I think we should give it until the end of the year and then donate whatever we have left.

I cannot believe how rewarding it is to declutter! I also went through all the baby stuff in preparation for our new baby and am getting rid of a couple bags. This will be trunk load #2 to the donation place this month! Hooray for nesting

We create our own reality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2009, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel the same way. I know a lot of people worship books and it can be hard to part with them. We kept books we'd reread constantly, use for reference, or were rare and hard to replace.

We dwindled our books down to two bookcases for the family. We have a table behind the couch which holds all our library check-outs. We seem to be happy with it for now.

User Tag List