Completely decluttered... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-22-2009, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
While I was packing to move to our new house, I was totally ruthless with our belongings. I only brought with us what I loved and what we use regularly. I think I took it to a whole other level though, because most of our furniture I freecycled. I knew what I wanted this house to feel like and that was not working with what we had. My feelings were I would rather have nothing than beat up, old stuff that I really didn't like. Plus, I would rather live with the new house empty until I knew exactly what I want in each space.

And I don't regret it (yet...), but my husband is getting frustrated because we still haven't found a good couch and a dining room table. I have been searching craigslist and posted to freecycle for the past 8 weeks and I can't find anything. We did wind up getting a couch and it is the most uncomfortable thing ever, and doesn't even go with what I want for the room (but wasn't a complete waste because eventually, it can go downstairs). We don't have any extra money to get new (and I was trying to not do that anyway).

It doesn't help that we are renting a house, with the plan to eventually buy it, and it is older and not in the best shape as it is...which can be depressing in and of itself.

Probably not much to do but keep looking, but I just wanted to vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2009, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sure something will turn up soon. What a great way to declutter! I've been assessing every single item to see whether it truly has function in our lives or brings great pleasure. If not, it goes.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)

User Tag List