Moving-Soon-Mamas-Tribe! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2009, 03:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our townhouse got sold - HOORAY!! Now I can finally take a break from cleaning!!!

I am thinking of getting rid of a bunch of furniture and old stuff - for those of you who are doing this, are you using craigslist, garage sales or some other way?

Totally in love with my sweet dd (March/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2009, 06:52 PM

Bumperdoodles. I haven't been to this thread for months, and haven't read past the first page yet, but I knew it was here and I need it now. :-p we don't know exactly where we'll end up, but it's looking like Seattle right now (which is fine; all family and friends there). It's also looking like we'll dump everything on friends here, ship along a few boxes of special things we want to keep to my dad's, pack up our rav-4 and hit the road, very very soon. 8^D this is ridiculously exciting!

"Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion."-Thich Nhat Hanh 
Old 08-13-2009, 10:25 AM

I get to join this thread! We're moving into just about the same square footage house as the apartment we're in now (maybe 50 less). But the rooms are so much more proportionate. There is a ton of closet space.

The kids will be a sharing a room that is going to have to act as a play room as well. I'm going to trash the dresser idea and use the closet instead. I need some good toy storage ideas. I don't want their room to look like a playroom.

S-d D which made them three. M grew lonely, and now there's baby D.
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Old 08-21-2009, 01:04 AM

I'm joining this tribe! :

We accepted an offer on our current house, they have until Monday to remove the conditions.

Our new place won't be ready until the spring, so...

We're going to have to rent something in the interim. I'm not really looking forward to two moves in one year, but we're so excited about our new place that it will all be worth it.

The new place has more storage but less living space, so we're getting rid of some extra furniture and purging anything that we don't love enough to move twice.

Hopefully my little one will go to bed soon so I can get back to work!

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

Old 08-21-2009, 08:08 PM

I just got boxes from work today. Time to pack all the pictures on the walls and stuff on top of our dresser. I double/triple checked what's up there. I hate stuff, but it's all kid/wedding related.

S-d D which made them three. M grew lonely, and now there's baby D.
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

User Tag List