What did you accomplish today? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-02-2009, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So...today I have done 4 loads of laundry (washed, folded, put away). Then I put new stuffing in an old pillow and sewed a small hole in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2009, 01:03 AM

I got the drawer by the phone cleaned out It opens now Some of Ds's toys thrown out (they were not donate worthy!) I vacuumed have done so far 5 loads of laundry and one more load I am waiting to fold (still in the dryer) the last two where new baby clothes I got them at a garage sale for 10 dollars and they are newborn to 12 months and the whole wardrobe she had the baby a couple weeks after I am due so it was perfect! (that was way off topic but exciting also ) I also cleaned out the pen thing wow that was a mess!!! but makes the kitchen look better odd huh how something so small makes a big differance?

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

Old 08-03-2009, 01:13 AM

Picked up photos, short trip to grocery store, put gas in vehicle, dropped off donations, did some laundry

TOOK A LONG NAP!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 AM

We finished the entire garage except the tools (we inherited all my dad's tools, plus the random light switches and doorknobs and every last nut, bolt, and nail he might need one day - I love him dearly, but he was a pack rat in terms of tools and accessories). I purged so much that we had been keeping in boxes just in case. It's so clean in there now, everything is on shelves, all the camping stuff is together ... I'm quite proud of dh and I.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Old 08-03-2009, 01:13 PM

you are all so impressive!

well, this week i've decluttered all the clothes in our former closet (currently have two households on two continents, whittling down the first one and bringing things to the second) so now i can just decide whether to reuse as rags, reconstruct into other clothes, sell, give away or hand-me-down to our youngest!
i also went through another closet, i'm half way there and have decluttered most of it. one hanging shelf is practically empty and will stay there for guests; the other is packed for london.

otherwise i've been living at the beach and barely doing laundry or dishes

Old 08-03-2009, 01:38 PM

Yesterday I deep cleaned the kitchen (it needed it badly), cleaned the dining room table off (it became a catch all), AND did all of the laundry (all but one load is even folded and put away)

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 08-03-2009, 05:46 PM

i organized my ENTIRE kitchen this morning. it took me three hours. it feels so much better.

Christie

Vegan, homeschooling mom to my 3 boys and my girl, missing Matthew born still at 34 weeks

Old 08-03-2009, 07:06 PM

Did dishes this morning,emptied the dishwasher, ironed a shirt for DH, cleaned dining room table,washed 4 loads of laundry, washed the dog and brushed him which took about 3 hrs ,vacuumed, put on the washed slipcovers (sofa)
Also, have some honey baked lentils in the oven for dinner tonight.
Printed some checks for DH's business and went to the bank.

I really need to organize our books in the new wall unit but I think I may wait until tomorrow. I've been putting this off for weeks.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:17 PM

diddly.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 PM

We swapped furniture recently and then I got the flu. DD's room was mostly finished before I got sick and I still have the pictures to hang. Our room was barely started before I got sick. Yesterday, I spent an hour or two working on my clothes. I had to consolidate from four mid-size drawers down to two very shallow and much smaller drawers. DH helped me out by giving a sweater of his away and consolidating a bit of his own clothing in order to give me a small, but deep drawer in our other dresser. I finished that up today and got everything else off the floor in our bedroom and vacuumed every square inch. I dusted, too. I cleared off the two pieces of furniture that hold clothes and only put back what I really love. (I had asked DH his opinions yesterday and made sure to keep the two things he cares about.) I am currently taking a break before hunting down a couple items that seem to be MIA from our bedroom that I miss and love. (We had a major flood on the main floor of our floor a few months ago and things got shuffled all over our house.) I also went through the medicine cabinet (IKEA wall-mounted version that we hung on our back closet wall) and gave away some items we never use (non-medicines) and tossed out two expired items (medicines).

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 PM

I, for the first time since before children, got cought up on all the laundry. I discovered we have way too many clothes, because they won't all fit, so I started going through them to get rid of some:

I stripped all of the beds and re-made them:

I tidied up most of the house, and vacuumed the entire house.:

I nursed the baby periodically, but sat the older two children in front of videos
Old 08-04-2009, 12:13 AM

Today I:
- started on the filing pile at work
- DH picked up the dresser I bought for DD
- did some laundry (and am still working on)
- dealt with some garden produce
- prepped tomorrow nights dinner, which has been problematic, but my dear husband will come to the rescue for me tomorrow

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:20 AM

My brother came by today, and I sent him away with a Car Seat/Base/Stroller combo, our extra baby playmat, and a bag of maternity clothes for SIL.

Most importantly, we got to see my brother, :, but it was also nice to see some of my extra stuff find a new home.

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:25 AM

I helped the big kisd declotter their bedrooms, closets, and the playroom. I also reorganized the bookshelves in the office.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:47 AM

I was feeling sick for the majority of the day, but when I perked up later on I did a load of dishes, one load of laundry, and organized our schedule for the rest of the month (appts, etc.).
Tomorrow should be more productive!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
Old 08-05-2009, 02:14 AM

Nothing

But I did have a girls day with my best friend. Also spent the evening with my mother and Ds So I think that makes up for not doing what I wanted to get done!

Quote:

Old 08-05-2009, 01:32 PM

i decluttered our dress-up clothes until there really was nothing left (we've got better and more adaptable things in our london home, like playsilks), pruned back some soft toys, culled a few toys that really aren't used anymore, and started to develop a plan for our serious collection of playmobil so it isn't overwhelming. i think my children can use it over the next 5+ years, and it may actually be worth something eventually so i think i'll rotate a lot more of it, so it isn't possible to pull out so MUCH at a time!! however i think there's a number of things that could be loaned out. 'temporarily'

next i'd like to start selling/gifting books + discs, especially tech books.

what would you do if you had a nice tv, and all the audio + players to go with it, but weren't in the country to use it, indefinitely? would you sell it? rent it somehow? store it? lend it?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, I got both of my children's rooms cleaned, decluttered and organized. The bathroom is spotless and the bath toys have been cleaned in bleach (bleck! but can't think of a easier more effective way to do it.)
I have two more child-free hours left. What to do? What to do?

Mother of two. : 4/05 and 1/07 Wife of one. : 7/01
Old 08-05-2009, 02:14 PM
srs

It's been more of a usual maintenance day here today. DD and I did our weekly Wednesday cleaning of the bathrooms, I dusted, washed diapers, picked the daily room to Roomba (I so love that thing - best present I've ever received), did a load of dishes. Thinking about working on my current decluttering project, which is sorting baby clothes and deciding what to keep for the new baby in Dec., but I am fast running out of energy. Might be time to go to sit under a tree at the park instead.

DD 04/07 DS 12/09
Old 08-05-2009, 02:57 PM

I vaccuumed inbetween the cushions of myh living room sofa.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

I hosed off the eaves and fascia of my house. Amazing how much dirt comes off of white siding!

Mother of two. : 4/05 and 1/07 Wife of one. : 7/01
Old 08-05-2009, 09:43 PM

Over the last few days, I have managed to go through every single item in our master bedroom, including the closet and inside every piece of furniture, drawer, box, etc. AHHHHH!!!! What a long and tedious project since I clean each item along the way. I LOVE IT!!! Everything is clean, fresh, organized, peaceful, and pretty now. I have three bags and a box for charity. We even washed every single thing on our bed and vacuumed the mattresses and tightened the frame...no more squeaks...

I pulled out and organized every item in the master bathroom, too, but I still need to clean it top to bottom. I washed towels and vacuumed today.

DD's bedroom got the same royal treatment as our bedroom the week before last, but I just started on her closet today. Clothes were already done and I got the top two shelves done today. Vacuumed today.

I got the top two shelves of the linen closet emptied, straightened, and reorganized. Things usually stay organized in this closet, but we had a major flood a few months back and everything in our house was affected in one way or another.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 AM

We had leftovers for dinner, I ran shopping errands and lunch, and I replaced a broken showerhead tonight while DD was in the bath.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:23 AM

Took three kids to the doctor. Took everyone to one school to register one child, then took everyone to the other school to register two more children. Watched dh get REALLY unnerved by the school nurse (argument over chicken pox- which my child already had but the documentation was put on the wrong form- it apparently should never have been entered on the immunization form by the DOC's office, because the nurse says it is the wrong place and therefore invalid).. :

Came home and started sorting school supplies into various backpacks and checking off the little boxes.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:32 AM

stopped by laundry mat to wash big bedspread
vacuumed and de-cluttered car
called town to find out how to get fence high grass cut on foreclosure next door
started typing up notes for my volunteer board position
checked in w/ my sis on what hand-me-downs to mail to niece
got feedback from my people on a new idea for my biz...
stayed caught up on everyday chores (laundry, dishes)
stopped by store to buy milk and bank to deposit check
balanced bank account
delegated basket making project (has been cluttering my kitchen) to dh and ds while I was out :, ds has fallen asleep, but dh is still diligently working on it

mom to a 7 year old lego fanatic and a 5 year old cross dresser
Old 08-06-2009, 10:02 AM

I got ds's toy hammock hung in the play area, sorted through all his toys/stuffies(still more sorting to do). Explained that we can't have his 3rd b-day party w/o getting rid of some old toys
Hung another toy holder.
Hung an ornament in the toy area that he got for his 2nd b-day lol
Posted things on freecycle
4 loads of laundry
2 loads of dishes
Delivered b-day invites

Today LOTS of cleaning/organizing..It'd be nice if dd wasn't teething though

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
Old 08-06-2009, 07:25 PM

I finished going through the linen closet: pulled everything out, reorganized/refolded items, and put them back in. I also cut up two old t-shirts and added the new rags somewhere where DD can reach them. Everything fits soooo much better and the doors close! :

I hung 8 pieces of artwork in DD's bedroom and the growth chart (tricky to measure and I got it precisely right). WOO HOO!!! :

I used our little Oreck canister vac from ceiling to floor around the edges of the master bedroom, including the window & blinds and throughout the entire closet, then dust-vac'd the ceiling fan in the center of the ceiling. Repeat in DD's bedroom, master bath, guest bath, and hallway. No more cobwebs and the baseboards are all clean again! :

DD & I emptied the dishwasher and have been adding to it throughout the day. I've been doing laundry and hanging things out on the line. It sure is hot! An entire load of towels/jeans/blanket (random heavy-duty colors load) dried before noon and now I have a down comforter out there.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:04 PM

Whoa, I'm way behind! Today I've done laundry, dishes, baked bread, chased chickens and know what we're having for dinner. Over the last week, I've changed and washed the sheets, took four boxes and four bags to Goodwill that came out of the attic. Cleaned the loft in prep for making it the kids room and other various daily duties. Onward and upward!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:13 PM

I de-cluttered under the kitchen sink and cleaned in really realy good I scrubed it really really good and what not that is where our garbage goes so it gets nasty! I also cleaned the fridge : that was ummm....lets say............. NASTY!

Quote:

Old 08-06-2009, 10:25 PM

I moved out our two old computer desks that have been hanging around since we installed the new (more ergonomic) one, two weeks ago!! Took one to the garage to go on Craigslist; the other will be my new scrapbooking table.

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

User Tag List