What did you accomplish today? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 185 Old 08-06-2009, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't do too much today, random cleaning, tons of laundry

I did start sanding down and filling in holes on a book shelf that I stole from my grandmothers house And if dh will get the paint out for me and the weathers nice I hope to have it painted tom. And HOPEFULLY bolted to the wall by this weekend to get ds's books off the floor.

Ds is going with m-i-l for the day tom. so I hope to purge more of his toys/clothes beforehis bday party next weekend

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 185 Old 08-07-2009, 05:04 AM

we moved a month and a bit ago and im still unpacking! today my partner put together our corner tv shelf thing in the living room, which has no tv in it , so its now a puppet theater and book shelf. i unpacked a few boxes of kids toys and things..did a bunch of laundry & hung it on the line. swept the livingroom floor, did dishes twice by hand and did a load of dishwasher dishes (that have been sitting in there for a over a week).i spent quite a bit of time rearranging the bedroom closet with the kids clothes in it, but didnt get around to the decluttering their clothes which was the whole purpose of it...but i did get a bunch of things hung up, some hooks put up, and a new shelf in there. i also did a bunch of outside tidy up. it was a very productive day and thats only a wee bit of what i did. i wish i felt like it was actaully helping me get where i want to be!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#93 of 185 Old 08-07-2009, 09:26 PM

Well, I didn't do all of it today...but over the last few days I've managed to get caught up on most of the laundry, the dishes, mowed the yard & trimmed/weeded, cleaned the guinea pigs' cage, scooped the cats' litterboxes, cleaned the deck, and cleaned up the kitchen, the laundry area,and half the basement. :-) So I'm feeling slightly accomplished at the moment. Still have a lot to do though, lol, but it's a start.
#94 of 185 Old 08-07-2009, 09:34 PM

Cleaned food out of the fridge, went grocery shopping (stuck to list, since dp wasn't there!), and spent two hours this morning on my classroom.. got bulletin boards up, and found some samples I was looking for for a workshop I am teaching this year (this was pretty important that I find these!)
#95 of 185 Old 08-10-2009, 09:38 AM

I was up way too early this morning, so I:
- Emptied and filled the dishwasher
- Went through about 1/3 of my swapping books, and made sure they were posted on all the sites I trade on. May have a few to send out this week.
- Found another book to sell, hopefully

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
#96 of 185 Old 08-10-2009, 11:12 AM

Yesterday I

picked up some Bento items for my lunches (found some good deals!)
Did a whole bunch of laundry
Cooked up a crock pot of beans for freezing
#97 of 185 Old 08-10-2009, 05:43 PM

Today, by noon, I have...

~ Cleaned two bathrooms top to bottom by myself
~ Assisted 8 YO in cleaning her bathroom
~ Picked up the kitchen and master bedroom
~ Picked up the foyer with DD's assistance
~ Cleaned the litter box and surrounding area
~ Vacuumed the entire downstairs
~ Cooked lunch with DD's assistance
~ Cleaned up after lunch
~ Washed 4 loads of laundry
~ Hung out 2 loads to dry in the sun (thus far; part of another one will go out)
~ Dried one load in the dryer partway and they are drying the rest of the way inside (thus far; part of the last load will get the same treatment)
~ DD took out the trash and I took out recycling

Now, I have some paperwork to do and finish the laundry in progress.

ETA: I finished all the laundry, but still haven't finished the darn paperwork....

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#98 of 185 Old 08-10-2009, 09:32 PM

dropped some stuff off at the library.
Bought a yogurt maker and some bento supplies : (although there was a glitch checking out at the store, and had to have my bill corrected)..
picked up some forms at the doc's office and dropped them by the school
got some paperwork for 4 yo together as he is being considered for headstart :
Went by the middle school to show oldest son where his zero hour class will be
returned an item I bought yesterday that was broken when we got home..

Froze two quart bags of slow cooked white Northern beans,
soaked a batch of red kidney beans (currently in the crockpot- will likely freeze tomorrow)
currently soaking two batches of pinto beans.
Hand washed all my bento items- they are drying!
#99 of 185 Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 PM

Took ds to the drs. which I worried was going to be an all day affair but luckily only took 2 hours from start to finish

I took EVERYTHING out of our bedroom
-swept all the cobwebs
-cleaned the base boads
-swept/moped the floor
-sorted though all of my clothes/some of dh's and purged TWO garbage bags and I'm not done
-moved dd's crib back into the room
-moved our bed into what use to be the "music room" which is now our bedroom
-moved the glider rocker into dd's "new room"
-moved a side table/lamp into her room
-hung the curtains I made for the room yest
-moved all the dressers around except one that I'm stealing from my inlaws house and I don't want to carry down 3 flights of stairs and across the lawn

Made homemade pesto for dinner:

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#100 of 185 Old 08-10-2009, 09:53 PM

Went over the budget for the month
Helped friend with his resume
Emptied all the trash cans and took trash to curb
Cleaned toilet
Cleaned litter box (and tile around it)
Did dishes
Watered the garden
Swept kitchen and dining room
Did a general clean up of living room
Sorted the mail
Wrote letters to both my grandmothers
Researched a safer shampoo for ds (at 11.5, he has trouble using the bs/vinegar method, and I just found out the Jason shampoo he's been using was given a poor score on Skin Deep)
Did a load of laundry
Researched growing wheatgrass
Updated my home management binder

Woohoo!

Still need to clean out the fridge (not a deep clean), but I'm waiting until it cools down a bit. The front part of the house is so hot during the day that I try to stay in the bedroom as much as possible. Yay, Texas. :

Come visit us on Tangled Hill! One small family in a big, big world.
Peace through homemaking.
#101 of 185 Old 08-11-2009, 12:18 AM

WTG mamas!!! Such a productive group!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#102 of 185 Old 08-11-2009, 01:42 AM

I de-cluttered the hall closet BUT I still need to do two more shelves but it has been a humid humid day!!!! I could not deal with anymore. BUT we also got the Familyroom rearranged : and tomorrow will be the Livingroom's turn :

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#103 of 185 Old 08-11-2009, 01:34 PM

i had a productive day after several not so productive whatsoever! i lent out my tv, dvd player, cable box to friends and family; swept the corner and tidied up, moved our dining table there so we can see the view; moved the art bench to another room; moved all the tech books out of the bookshelves in preparation to sell/give away; posted several objects to craigslist and freecycle; cut up a shirt of my partner's and had a fitting based on a favourite shirt dress on mine...learning about darts, pinned it all together, changed the sleeves to 3/4, and ready to baste + sew :; did all the dishes; folded a load of laundry and washed + hung up another; did half an hour of yoga, the 10th day in my yoga challenge; had a videochat with my partner and he installed my animation software so i can start working on my project when i am brave ; knitted some more of the fingerless gloves; helped my sister prepare to buy her first flat; tidied the entrance; took out the garbage; ordered food for delivery; made three good meals out of the last of the food; scheduled hair, dental + naturopath appointments; gave away some hand-me-downs; gave away some cookbooks; gave away software guides; emptied a basket ready to take with me; phew!!!

do you find your energy for accomplishing things alters with your cycle? or just your health? i've been eating almost exclusively grain free, and only low lactose dairy like butter and cream, no sugar except for small amounts of fruit for two weeks...except for a couple of glasses of wine on the weekend, which i seem to have gotten away with i feel great.

#104 of 185 Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 PM

Well.. took paperwork in for youngest to apply for headstart.
took kids to dentist, 4 cleanings..
baked two loaves of banana bread with macadamia nuts
have two crockpots of beans going
froze 6 lbs of ground beef that I found on clearance
did some laundry

might start making my own yogurt tonight!
#105 of 185 Old 08-12-2009, 12:22 AM

I unpacked and arranged dd's room and closet. I'm attempting to do a room a day so I'll be done by the weekend, give or take with some errands and an OB apt thrown in. Oh and I have a flat tire to take care of tomorrow. Fun fun
#106 of 185 Old 08-12-2009, 12:52 AM

* Measured two rooms and furniture so I can figure out how to arrange them
* Prepped my crockpot meal, which is using mostly items from the freezer that I want to move on out
* Sorted and disposed of 401K statements, some of which are 10 years old. Will get them in the file cabinet tomorrow, when opening the file drawer will not wake up DD.
* Reorganized the gigantic pile of winter squash on the kitchen counter. I'd like to move it, but there is no where to go right now.
* At work, filled up my deskside recycling bin and did more filing

Bridget. Momma to DD (4), expecting DS - 9/09, wife to SAHD. Gardener, coffee addict, urban dweller.
#107 of 185 Old 08-12-2009, 03:12 PM

I got all the clean laundry put away and gathered up the dirty stuff (I didn't think there was that much...I was wrong. It looks like less when it's spread all over the house. I'm making a note to train DH to put dirty laundry in the hamper and not the floor)

Started a load of diapers

Cleaned the kitchen (scrubbed surfaces, unloaded dishwasher and loaded it with dirty dishes)

Generally picked up clutter and crap from the floor.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#108 of 185 Old 08-12-2009, 05:10 PM

So far, my oldest son and I went through all his clothes. He tried on everything, we passed down to my middle son what doesn't fit, and we completely organized everything that is left. Then, I made a shopping list for him.

Next is middle son's clothes. He'll try on everything too and we'll pass down to the youngest what doesn't fit him anymore and then I'll make a shopping list. I'm not having the youngest try on his clothes though. He's 3 and it'd take us all day and night!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#109 of 185 Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 AM

great work mamas!

aahhh, i finally started pruning our massive playmobil collection. we've been lending out pieces, and we finally started lending out some big (and really great!) pieces...now i can fit all of the stuff we use into the one bench, and no more sorting, they can dig there are still some large pieces (seriously!!) put away when we moved, but i'm going to wait and see. i may sell the whole lot in a few years.

i feel much more peaceful. this has been a thorn in my side for years. we will be paying a visit to different friends over the next month and bringing them presents (checking in advance of course!).

i also found access to young mamas in need, so i can pass on some things that i just know affluent mamas wouldn't even look at, i'm so glad to see things go to someone who really needs and appreciates them.

still freecycling and craigslisting left and right. phew!!

#110 of 185 Old 08-13-2009, 11:43 PM

Today was a BUSY day!
I didn't get started until 5:00 p.m. since I had some kiddo chauffeuring to do today, but I:

~ vacuumed the entire downstairs (hallway, dining room, living room)
~ broke out the new Hoover Steam Vac (which was recommended in another thread here- and I LOVE it!) and cleaned all the downstairs carpet. It looks AWESOME.
~ one load of laundry
~ took off the cushion covers to my shermag rocker and washed them. Have yet to put them on, though, because that's the hardest part. Ugh

Still need to:
~Unload dishwasher
~Load dishwasher
~Scrub kitchen floor
~Clear off kitchen counters
~dust entertainment center & bookshelf in living room

It's going to be a late night

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#111 of 185 Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 PM

I haven't accomplished anything yet today, as DS and I spent the whole morning at the museum. But I wanted to share my success from yesterday and Wednesday.

I've been in a major mood to purge and get rid of more things. I haven't done any of that in a while. Anyways, I started in my office closet with my craft supplies and memorabilia that needs to bee scanned and tossed. I scanned a bunch of cards (1/2 a box), then stopped scanning to organize the remainder and get it ready for scanning. Then I threw out a bunch of my old artwork, some of which was worthy of scanning first. After I was done I had a bag of trash and two small boxes of items to donate.

Next I reorganized my supplies for my craft business, sewing, knitting, and felting supplies. Then I moved my organizing to the massive mess of fabric in the basement. I have a ton of pieces and scraps of fabric in the basement that were tossed in boxes willy-nilly. Last night I bright all the boxes up from the basement, as well as misc scraps that were in the office closet. I went through everything, folded it, organized it by type, and then reboxed in neatly. Now I know where everything is and can find it without digging through three different boxes first. I tossed about a half a box of scraps that just weren't worth keeping. I also condensed my spare yarn into one container. I feel so :!

I'm gearing up to the beginning of the school year and starting to prepare lectures now. But I also want to keep up with scanning old documents so that I can toss more. There is a strong possibility that we will be moving in the next year and I want to make it as easy as possible...so that means getting rid of as much as I can between now and then.
#112 of 185 Old 08-14-2009, 06:13 PM

I sent out approximately 12 books today for book swaps! I'm sure the people at the post office were happy to see me, but at least I did it all in one trip.

I'm still consolidating my books to one place, but I think I may actually get that accomplished by the time my maternity leave starts. I have books at home and work - quite a pain in the patoot!

#113 of 185 Old 08-14-2009, 10:05 PM

I completely de-cluttered my bedroom, moved around the furniture, put my bed up on a frame that was just sitting in my kitchen of all places, took two garbage bags of trash out of the bedroom , swept at least a dozen times during the whole process, and cleaned off the top of my dresser and turned it into a mini bookshelf for DS's bed-time books!

Never in my adult life have I had a bedroom that I felt fabulous walking into, and now I do!! Yippee!!!!

Now, DS's room (aka the junk room for now) is absolutely crazy messy.... I took everything, piled it into his room and started fresh in my room. I figured since we share a bedroom, I could have one really clean, inviting space to sleep in and then tackle his room a chunk at a time so at least when I get tired of cleaning/sorting/tossing, I can stop, close the door and not stress about it.

I can't wait to go to bed tonight!!!!

ETA: I almost forgot, I have tomorrow off and absolutely plan to start tackling DS's room. I hope to have it done by the end of the week. I really would love a place that is safe for him to play by himself when he feels like it. He is just starting to really enjoy playing completely away from me, as in can't see me, but is within yelling distance. He has never really had his own room, so this will be a fun project, hopefully.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#114 of 185 Old 08-15-2009, 01:09 AM

Congrats Pumpkin Pie!!! :

DD & I speed-cleaned our entire house this morning due to her having a playdate with a friend who's mom is a complete and utter neat freak. The mom was dropping her off and I knew she was going to want to see our house for several reasons.

Our house isn't completely finished from the flood, though, so I had to just let that part go and do the best I can.

We:

~ cleaned the kitchen top to bottom (actually started last night)
~ cleaned the litter box and surrounding area (litter box is scooped daily, but the surrounding area is cleaned 2-3 times a week)
~ ran the Roomba throughout the downstairs
~ found and cleaned the trail of ants with warm, soapy water and called our HOA to discuss the problem since the ants are coming in from outside and have only been coming inside since the HOA removed two trees near our townhome
~ cleared off and cleaned the foyer floor
~ did a swish and swipe of all three bathrooms (just cleaned them Monday)
~ juggled new and old luggage to fit the new stuff in our master closet that I just purchased last night
~ did quick clearing of surfaces in our bedrooms (just cleaned thoroughly on Monday)

All of the above took about an hour or less.

We also did our usual load of laundry start to finish and we had two loads of new sheets, which I line dry outside. The sheets are still mid-progress since I was playing with the kids most of the day...

Once the friend went home, DD & I gathered up our camping supplies for our Girl Scouts campout in the troop leader's backyard this weekend. We don't need any food or a tent, so it wasn't THAT challenging. The tent is provided, but we have a bundle of tarp, air mattress, blanket, sheets, and pillows for sleeping and then a backpack each for our personal clothing, toiletries, and comfort items.

#115 of 185 Old 08-16-2009, 02:50 AM

My son and I spent the entire day sorting about 50 piles of clothes that we've either kept or been given over the years for any of the four kiddos. I bought totes for every size and declared that each size only gets one tote, unless it's heavy winter gear and it can have it's own separate tote for cold weather clothes. It was so much work!!! Anyways, now we have weeded through and I've found I've got a reasonably starting wardrobe for each size from newborn all the way to size 14!! There's not enough to do zero shopping, but there's a NICE start in each size range and I'll just be filling in the blanks once each kiddo hits a size.

Every tote is labeled (top and sides) with masking tape saying the size and gender of the clothes.

I tossed everything that smelled weird or had too many stains. Some stained stuff I kept only because it's easily worn under something (white onesies, that sort of thing) and no one would notice or care.

Now we've got all the totes into the shed out back, except for the current size of each kid, and the 'next size up' for that kid. This way as something gets too small, it can go right into the tote out of the laundry, and they can start wearing the stuff from the bigger size. My kids never seem to outgrow things uniformly LOL

Anyways, I'm really proud of myself! We got rid of SO MUCH that was just yucky or outdated or poorly stored/cared for in some box in the back of the garage for years, ykwim?

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#116 of 185 Old 08-16-2009, 02:55 AM

I washed walls in the dining room and our stairs. They were really gross from dirty kid hands and feet.
#117 of 185 Old 08-16-2009, 09:30 AM

I freecycled our 'spare' kiddie pool that requires a pump to blow up. It's one of the many things that I spent money on and didn't want to give away because I wanted to have a complete loss. But I'm not in a position to have a garage sale this year, and I am losing space to these things, and frustrated with the state of my house. Off it goes. Next up, the vintage skateboards that are in bad shape.

Also yesterday, I worked a little more on the food declutter - made squash muffins and mincemeat muffins. We have a ton of canned green tomato mincemeat and no recipes for it. This one is a keeper!

Today I'm hoping to make canned pizza sauce from our tomatoes in the freezer, and to work on my clothes.

#118 of 185 Old 08-16-2009, 07:55 PM

Let's see...

We went camping over the weekend and got home around noon today (less than three hours ago). Everything is either put away or in the laundry sorter for washing during the week. One load is in the washer; one load is on the line drying. I already downloaded the photos and sent an email to the participates with the link.

#119 of 185 Old 08-16-2009, 09:04 PM

Well, I was TRYING to clean out my closet and repair clothing, but no, I accidently dumped the entire can of oxyclean in the laundry closet, and had to move the washer and dryer to clean it out. Which ended up being a good thing since there was a LOT of lint back there! Am doing laundry now, and got rid of one large bag of clothes. Didn't repair anything yet, though.
#120 of 185 Old 08-18-2009, 03:59 AM

Yesterday I pulled all the furniture out of the bedroom and steam cleaned the carpet. While that was drying I did probably four loads of laundry, cleaned out the closet, went through two chests of old letters, photos, etc. consolidated into one so I could store dh's extra clothes in the other. Got chicken feed out of the trunk, took out garbage I had collected from cleaning, made up two bags for donation. Got dinner ready, took care of the animals and kiddos. When most of the carpet was dry, I replaced the beds and made them.

Today, I steam cleaned part of the bedroom again (yucky dog stink), while it dried, I consolidated two into one dresser and put a that in the closet, moved extra dresser to storage shed. Weeded on of the garden beds, watered trees and flowers, put remaining chicken feed away, cared for animals and kiddos. Cleaned under kitchen sink, did dishes (oh yeah, lots of those yesterday, too.), vacuumed floors, straigtened toys, put things away, did some grocery shopping.

I think that's it. And boy did I have an appetite at dinner tonight! My niece is visiting, so a great excuse to clean and declutter!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page