Mothering Forum banner

What did you accomplish today?

6K views 184 replies 68 participants last post by  HydeParkB 
#1 ·
I just washed my plants and I cannot tell you how happy I am about it.
Hooray for little leaves that can breathe!
What did you accomplish?

See less See more
#2 ·
Today I am decluttering and taking a huge stack of things to the Goodwill. That drop off is going to feel so good!

Hooray for your plants. You just gave me another good idea.

#5 ·
*I swept the basement and cleaned the remnant carpets that I picked up this morning from some lovely freecycle people.

*swept the kitchen and picked up the living room

*did a load of diapers

*organized and sorted through the kids' toys in the basement so I can freecycle some stuff

*cleaned out a file cabinet in the office

*pulled some weeds in my tomato and pumpkin beds

*contemplated having a beer.

#6 ·
Lets see...

We recleaned our house that is for sale... swept, cleaned counters, cleaned windowsills, took down some shelves, cleaned outside, pulled weeds, gathered tumbleweeds, etc, etc, etc...

Swept and mopped kitchen and one bathroom.

Reorganized other bathroom, took out set of drawers, reused that in the homeschool cabinet.

Bought a new toilet and put it in (well dh did).

Hmmm, good thread, I have been feeling like a bum, but now I realize I am quite busy!

#8 ·
I re-organized my linen closet. Each item has it's own place now--baskets for each member of the family (for their sheets and bedding), and new wicker baskets for towels. I even painted the inside of my linen closet, so it is freshly "white" now. I love it!

Next I will paint my hallway, which is in desperate need of repainting. Lots of little fingerprints every where to get rid of.

#9 ·
DD & I spent the afternoon pulling out every single item of clothing she owns that is clean. She modeled them all for me. She gave away a large bag of too-small clothes.

We also did laundry all afternoon. Tomorrow she gets to model those clothes, too.

I did dishes and ran the Roomba in two areas and cut DH's hair and semi-vacuumed that room (got sidetracked and need to clean that room top to bottom tomorrow).

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
I re-organized my linen closet. Each item has it's own place now--baskets for each member of the family (for their sheets and bedding), and new wicker baskets for towels. I even painted the inside of my linen closet, so it is freshly "white" now. I love it!

Next I will paint my hallway, which is in desperate need of repainting. Lots of little fingerprints every where to get rid of.
Jealous! That sounds so satisfying!

#11 ·
I am proud of you all
It's great to do something!

I am gutting our laundry room storage without mercy for a yard sale prior to our move.

It's Saturday and my only regret is that I did not take a picture of all the crap in there before so I could appreciate the stuff that is GONE forever!

#12 ·
I was up until 3am doing school work. I got 3 assignments done

...mind you I then slept in 'til 11:00 and have since:
-made the bed, and DS's
-made breakfast (this is day 3 of going GF for me)
-remembered to take my suppliments
-made a black bean chocolate cake which is cooling
-checked on the garden- plants are growing, but there's NOTHING to harvest.
-not changed out of my pjs

Hoping to:
-get out of my pjs
-get one load of laundry into the dryer (it's been rainy around here, so they're not going on the line), and the load from the dryer put away.
-dust the ceilings and corners for spider webs....I've noticed a lot of them lately
-if I'm ambitious I will clean the windows and screens....it's been on my list for a week now but really does need to get done.
-take pictures of text books (and other books) to list and sell on kijiji

#14 ·
Great thread!

Today I worked from 11:00 to 2:15 (which meant leaving the house with youngest at 10:15, going to my moms where older kids had stayed the night, eating a pancake and settling my youngest in, helping mom, and getting my middle one ready to go to work with me.... I was tired by 11! lol)

Got back around 3 after getting the kids and making sure all the carseats (mine plus my nephew) would all fit plus three grownups for our road trup.
got boys down for a nap. had dd unload the dishwasher
loaded dishwasher and wiped down kitchen, tidied
folded laundry from dryer, mover washer to dryer, started diapers
folded and put away laundry
tidied living room and bathroom
swished toilet
started wool covers washing
fielded cranky boychildren when they awoke, and will finish the laundry and fold it before bed!

#15 ·
Today:
~ Finished a load of laundry from yesterday; started a new load today. Brought in towels from the line outside; added a rug to dry. Everything except the rug is hung/folded and put away.
~ DD finished modeling all her clothes and we now have a large shopping bag full for charity. Her clothes are neatly put away and she is soooo happy to have more room in her drawers and closet.
~ Swapped all toiletries in house, so everything seems "new" but isn't.
Refilled smaller containers and recycled the larger versions. Emptied and organized the cabinets I use for these. I'm starting to see empty space finally!!!

~ DH emptied the dishwasher and put the few dishes in from breakfast. DD & I have added to it.
~ Ran Roomba in a few rooms.
~ Put away the last two bags worth of items from a weekend getaway trip and put the bags themselves away.
~ Got the mail and sorted/recycled immediately. No bills!

#16 ·
too numerous to list but lets just say i am moving homes tomorrow with half the house to pack, a headache and a 4yo, 2yo and 4mo underfoot.

fantastic!!!!

but at least i'm being very ruthless with our stuff because i literally have no time to sit there and dawdle on everything.
:

#17 ·
i came on here for a bit of inspiration as the coffee is starting to wear a little low right now...
and dd3 (4mo) just wants to be in my lap while she plays around with her hands.. (she hasn't slept all day and its almost 2pm)..

can't wait to move, re-organize and post pics of my clear, clean space!!!

#18 ·
Dh and I emptied my entire hutch/desk - it had so much crud up on top. The inside is now all clear and decluttered. I paid bills that I finally found (none late though
). Papers that were accumulated were culled, and either filed or recycled/shredded. And, the floor is almost clean after the huge mess that befell it. Dh has been shredding many, many months worth of mail. I vacuumed behind the small file cabinet (which is also now all clear). After the floor is clean, I'll have a few piles on top of the hutch (extra pads of paper, envelopes, etc. - stuff for which we have no other storage until I have the garage all cleaned and organized). Then I need to do the files. But how nice to have a clean desk again.

#19 ·
I lurve this thread!

Today I have stripped the bed, washed the bedding, the sheets are back on and the spread is in the dryer. Washing the rugs now.

Kept the place tidy, loaded the dishwasher and it's running, decluttered a couple surfaces.

SHOWERED!

Moved a rug that used to be in our living room into the master bedroom. Not sure I like it there, but we'll see.

Friends are coming over after lunch and then kids are spending the night. The rest of my goals are to get the bedspread on, unload the dishwasher, get the rugs dried and put back out, and then just keep the place as tidy as possible with 7 kids around.!!!

#20 ·
Yesterday I cleaned out my toddlers' closet floor and rod... I sorted through all of their drawers.. I pulled the bed out from the wall and picked up all those things that fall behind it.. I changed out their bedding and took the baby valances down, rewashed the curtains and hung the curtains back up.. They originally had bright zoo animal bedding and valances, now it is blues and tans with blue curtains.. I wish I could fix their dresser, but it is a metal dresser (painted green at some point with a few scratches on it now), but the thing is like a tank, and I am not sure what I can do with it myself..

I have a huge bag of size 3t stuff going to goodwill..

#24 ·
changed my sheets, ran a load of diapers, cleaned the new Ikea closet we had installed today. Also loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, started clearing off the kitchen counters, put away whatever clean laundry I could find (not much) in Ikea closet.

Swept my bedroom floor, found objects for DH, changed diapers, fed DS, bought DD some treats for her summer camp care package. Nursed DS, read him a couple of books. Took the trash out several times, got blue bag of recycling together.

Commiserated with DH over shoddy contractor work (they helped DH put the closet together - they didn't have a hammer, they didn't think to measure. . . .I didn't trust them unsupervised with the Ikea closet. . . .) I could go on and on. . . .

Talked up a neighbor about doing doula work for her, ate lunch out with DS, BOY was THAT work - he wanted to climb the steps out of the small cafe, and wiggled a bunch - I FINALLY convinced him to sit still for a meal....it worked out, he LOVED the fresh-squeezed OJ. . . . .

Checked email for work leads - stopped by the grocery store(s): first, for ziplock bags and condensed milk (sale), THEN for garlic, and FAGE. (I live in New York City, so this was all with DS, about 27+ pounds, in an Ergo, on my back. . . .)

There must be half a dozen other things - still doing laundry. I want to wash EVERYTHING before transfering clothes to the new closet. DS's stuff will be moved into DD's room - we gave her our old, tall dresser. I hope to add kill a mosquito to that list - it drives me INSANE that they seem to still be getting into the house. Of course DH could %$#@$* get some screens. He complains that they would break / need maintainance. Grrrrrrrr.

#25 ·
i love writing down what i accomplish, i do it every day if i can.
nice to be inspired and also remember things i forgot to do

i made homemade strawberry jello with my girls, all of us together. i washed + hung out a load of laundry on our new line, and folded it away, lovely! i washed a lot of dishes, and tidied up the garden.

i bought some presents (food!) for our trip next week, returned library books, and took my little one to soccer. otherwise i accomplished very little, for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.