Anyone else given up on having car in garage for practical reasons? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 07-31-2009, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hubby is a gamer (role playing games) and an artist, and he uses the garage for his weekend games and for large paintings. That's fine with me. My parents never parked their cars in the garage, so it wasn't something I grew up thinking was normal. Also, I prefer to have hubby's gamer buddies in the garage, anyway.

Come visit us on Tangled Hill! One small family in a big, big world.
Peace through homemaking.
#32 of 35 Old 07-31-2009, 08:51 PM

We don't have a garage now, but when we eventually get our own home with a garage I don't think we'll use it for cars. Most people around here don't park cars in garages. We don't get snow, and there are no basements or attics here so there aren't a lot of storage options! My parents converted their garage into a craft/playroom for the grandkids, I assume we will do something similar.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

#33 of 35 Old 07-31-2009, 08:52 PM

We have a two car garage that is the music/exercise/library/gaming area. My son has a garage band so his drumset, a piano and about 5 guitars of various sorts are in there with a computer and mic set up for his recording area. There's a weight machine and a gliderythingymahoozit for exercise, 3 bookshelves, a couch, 3 chairs a tv, and a kitchen table for messy arts and crafts that I don't want in the house. There's no room for a car in there :P

Wife to one : Mama to 4 Gramma to 1 :
#34 of 35 Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 PM

Not even an option here. When the temperatures get down to the 30 below zero in the winter, there's nothing more valuable than keeping the car inside the garage.

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
#35 of 35 Old 08-01-2009, 03:26 AM

We have no atic or basement...we NEED the storage space of the garage!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page