Hanging shelves for storing craft bits? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-31-2009, 03:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am trying to give things a home! at the moment all my craft bits are shoved underneath my daughters cot (in our bedroom). I have an armchair near the bed and was wondering it I could have one of these haning above it and dropping down behind for my craft things? It is meant for wardrobes but i dont see why i cant hang it from a wall just put some nails through the back ofr something.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...g|14417978.htm

what does everyone think? would it look messy ?
any other ideas how to use the space behind the chair (it sits on a corner at an angle so room behind)
I am new to the organizing world

sophie

Mummy to Jessica (5) Jacob (3) and Bethan (9 months) and number 4 due August 2010!!
#2 of 4 Old 08-31-2009, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I can not see how you would attach it to the wall. The tabs for threading the rail through are in the middle, so half of each shelf sits behind the rail.

l also don't find them that sturdy. We have one in DD's wardrobe and I find it quite tricky getting folded clothes in and out.

I would either stack plastic boxes or look for a tall narrow shelf to stand on the floor. I've seen some corner units to go in bathrooms which might work.

What kind of craft bits are you needing to store, that might give me more ideas.
#3 of 4 Old 08-31-2009, 05:13 PM

I agree that these shelves tend to lean forward or backward, so the stuff might fall out of them and I don't know how you would attach them.

What about some pretty "hat boxes" or storage boxes stacked up behind the chair from big to small?

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#4 of 4 Old 08-31-2009, 09:49 PM
npl

How about the plastic drawer towers on wheels. I don't know if you get them in the UK (I'm sure you must) but here they are made by companies like Rubbermaid and Gracious Home. You get a set of drawers on optional casters. The drawers keep everything clean, and they are transparent so you can see in easily, and the casters mean you can easily roll them out of the space behind the chair for access.
They look something like this http://www.containerstore.com/browse...RODID=10015491

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page