15 minute sessions of cleaning ... anyone want to join me? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 402 Old 09-29-2009, 03:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did everything I set out to do...yay me!

And I would love to see a pic of that dress OkiMom

Christine domestically challenged wife to George and Mama to Helena 8 Laila 6 Dom 4 and Mina 2
#62 of 402 Old 09-29-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTmama1 View Post
DONE
Bought school supplies for elementary kids
Got 2 kids off to school, talked to their teachers
Took 2 middle school kids in for testing and talked to school counselor
Went through bread in fridge (we get TONS for free from my dad), tossed old stuff out
Started laundry
Cleaned off kitchen counter
Call dr for appointments
Call optometrist for appt
Call dentist for appts
Take Kindergartener to school
Wash pots and pans
Clean off desk
Clean office
Cleaned kitchen and floor
Cleaned dining area and floor
Cleaned living room

STILL TO DO
Get new drivers license
Catch up daycare bank log
Pay monthly payroll taxes
Deal with inbox
Work on cleaning basement
HOMEWORK!
Well I felt like I had a pretty productive day yesterday. The main part of my house is looking pretty good. Of course I still didn't touch the dreaded paperwork but that will just have to wait. I need to do homework tonight all night, so maybe tomorrow evening. I work 7am-6pm today though and tomorrow have practicum for 5 hours.

Off to shower and get ready for work! And get kids ready....

Mom to ds 10/12 and dd 2/05 ribbonrainbow.gif

Blogging about living with xeroderma pigmentosum at www.pacificnights.org/ and about life in general at http://livingavibrantlife.blogspot.com/
#63 of 402 Old 09-29-2009, 01:31 PM

DTMom did I read your signature correct?? you have 7 children??

Holy Moly!! No wonder your todos were a mile long! And you go to school and work?! Phew!!! You rock!!

Christine domestically challenged wife to George and Mama to Helena 8 Laila 6 Dom 4 and Mina 2
#64 of 402 Old 09-29-2009, 01:53 PM

DTmama,
Bio mom, foster mom, adoptive mom... doo doo da doo!!! SUPER MOM!!!
Just being a fly on your wall would exhaust me.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#65 of 402 Old 09-29-2009, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don't feel great today, but there are a few things I need to push myself to do. So far I've been organizing some coupons but not much else.

For my first 15 minute session I am making my bed and putting away dishes.
#66 of 402 Old 09-29-2009, 02:09 PM

You are both so sweet. Yes, we officially have 7 as of a week and a half ago! While its going well it is rather overwhelming still. Takes a while to develop all the routines of being a family. I am soo behind on my schoolwork, that is what is worrying me a lot right now. I just don't ever get the quiet time to sit and work on it.

Mom to ds 10/12 and dd 2/05 ribbonrainbow.gif

Blogging about living with xeroderma pigmentosum at www.pacificnights.org/ and about life in general at http://livingavibrantlife.blogspot.com/
#67 of 402 Old 09-29-2009, 02:15 PM

As a former foster-child, I totally get that. Hoping settling in occurs quickly and smoothly.

For my first 15 minutes, I'm putting in a load of laundry, vacuuming the stairs and putting away laundry (folded last night).

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#68 of 402 Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM

Poetry...yeah I had that day a few days ago... just take it easy and try not to overwhelm yourself...

DTmom-WOW is all I can say, I am thinking about going to school starting in the winter (hence me decluettering everything) major props to you!!

Today I went through another bin of hand me downs and have gotten through another load of laundry...

for the rest of the day I am just going to make sure everything is clean and orderly because tommorow is the day I declutter and clean my laundry room and back bathroom...you cant even walk in there without stepping on something and I have piles of clothes on the shelves and who knows what else. I expect it will take me all day...wish me luck!!

#69 of 402 Old 09-29-2009, 09:14 PM

Apple, Ill try to post some pictures this weekend. I need to find the camera, my 2 year old took off with it.

Todays to do list:
- Finish practice doll and dress. I found a pattern I wanted to make as a birthday doll for DD2 (her first doll) but I want to try it out first.
- Finish DD1's second dress
- Sew 2 dresses for DD2. Again an easy pattern so it shouldn't take to long as long as the girls cooperate
-Strip/clean carseats

-Clean all insides of the windows. Outside probably won't get done. I got a jump start yesterday but cleaning our huge sliding glass doors. DD1 decided to start it for me so all I had to do is finish them.

First Im going to finish the second dress I started yesterday then finish stuffing the doll and sewing its seams. That should take about 15 minutes total.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#70 of 402 Old 09-29-2009, 10:11 PM

Finished the second dress (all but hemming but Im going to hem all the dresses at once when DH is home to watch the girls). The doll got stuffed and sewed so all I need to do is add the dress and bonnet.
I got side tracked by DD1 who thought it would be fun to paint her sister so now Im done cleaning up the mess and back to doing my to do list for the day..
Next up is DD2s dresses and the doll dress.
Im going to do the 1 dress for DD2 I have cut out then the doll dress (since I have that cut out). I figured it will take me around an hour if the girls don't start causing trouble or asking to go to the park again (its pouring down rain so even if I wanted to we couldn't go, anyone want to explain that to my 2 year old?)

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#71 of 402 Old 09-29-2009, 11:08 PM

Ok I haven't even started the dresses. DD2 wanted to nurse to sleep then DD1 wanted lunch. I did clean the windows and strip the carseats while i was waiting for lunch to cook so those two are off my to do list now. Yea!

#72 of 402 Old 09-29-2009, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

You guys rock! I am so impressed with all that you get done. It gives me motivation.

OkiMom, I am so absolutely envious of your ability to sew. I'd love to learn that skill so that I can sew clothing and toys for my own little ones someday! You inspire me.

As for myself, I finished my first 15 minute session and then I also folded/put away a load of laundry and washed the dishes. Aside from helping my husband with supper, that's all I got done today.

Tomorrow, though, is a new day.
#73 of 402 Old 09-30-2009, 01:23 AM

Poetry, sewing is actually really easy. I thought it would be really hard. About a year ago I decided that I wanted to teach myself to sew so I started trying. Im decent now, not good enough to do it for a living but good enough where I can make some nice clothes for the kids and myself. Its a real plus if you have kids like mine that don't really fit into standard size clothes. Both my girls are super skinny but long so in order to get things long enough its to big in the waist, if it fits in the waist its to short. Ive saved a lot by sewing clothes for my oldest.

So, I finished the dress for DD2 and was looking at it realizing that it was way to big. I tried it on my oldest and sure enough it fit her. Guess I made a third dress for DD1 instead of a dress for DD2. Glad I haven't cut the second dress yet.

Only thing left to do now is the doll dress/bonnet and cleaning the carseats.

#74 of 402 Old 10-01-2009, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter

OkiMom, thanks for the encouragement. I don't currently own a sewing machine, but I'm going to place one on my mental wish list. It has happened in the past that if I just kept in mind things I needed or wanted, they "magically" found their way to me, either as random gifts from a co-worker who was decluttering (I didn't mention any of the items to her) or as finds at yard sales and thrift stores.

I'm awake in the middle of the night because I'm having trouble sleeping, BUT I'm taking the opportunity to commit to a number of tasks I need to get done today (it's nearly 2:30 AM here in New England).

Make bed
Start a load of laundry (Wash 2-3 loads throughout day)
Wash dishes
Call a local doctor to be new family doctor
LL PPW/fax
School loan PPW/fax
5 Minute Room Rescue in Kitchen,Livingroom and Bedroom
Pack away remainder of prepregnancy clothes (for real this time)!
Organize catorgorized coupons by date
Organize Card/Correspondance Drawer
Fill out card for Betty/address & stamp
Email JS/LB/CH & Lisa
FB Friend Requests
Put food away
Exercise
Call or write Aunt Mary
#75 of 402 Old 10-01-2009, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

DONE Make bed
IN PROGRESS Start a load of laundry (Wash 2-3 loads throughout day)
DONE Wash dishes
DONE--APPOINTMENT MADE Call a local doctor to be new family doctor
LL PPW/fax
School loan PPW/fax
5 Minute Room Rescue in Kitchen,Livingroom and Bedroom
Email JS/LB/CH & Lisa
DONE FB Friend Requests
DONE Put food away
Exercise
Call or write Aunt Mary

Now I am getting dinner started.
#76 of 402 Old 10-01-2009, 06:50 PM

I love this thread! This is exactly what I need. I also like the term "domestically challenged" - that's currently what I am (but I'm working on it!)

What I need to do before my husband comes home:

DONE Switch over laundry
Wash diapers
Fold and put away diapers
Wash dishes
Put adult laundry away (most hated chore, and most neglected chore)
Tidy up
Sweep
Dust mop
Make dinner
Take the recycling out back

It's not a lot, but it's what needs to be done.
#77 of 402 Old 10-01-2009, 08:57 PM

Wow, so so far that's all I've done. I walked the dogs and did the usual baby care, and then I got into a vaccine dabate on Facebook and now I'm in a bad mood.
#78 of 402 Old 10-01-2009, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotyoo View Post
Wow, so so far that's all I've done. I walked the dogs and did the usual baby care, and then I got into a vaccine dabate on Facebook and now I'm in a bad mood.
Yeah, debates usually put me in a bad mood, as well. I don't usually choose to debate on FaceBook, but sometimes people don't understand that. They think they can come to my page and be as condescending as they want. In the end, I suppose I just let it go, but boy does it put me in a bad mood!
#79 of 402 Old 10-01-2009, 09:52 PM

I read some of this today and I need motivation! DH has been home all week sick so childcare has been interesting. I just did 15 min cleaning the main bathroom. Still need to:
clean 1/2 bath
pick up toys
clean up kitchen/put dishes in dishwasher

This should take about 2 15 min blocks I think...
#80 of 402 Old 10-01-2009, 10:44 PM

i don't think i've done any 15 minute sessions of cleaning since this weekend (aside from the dishes). i really need to. the in-laws are coming this weekend.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#81 of 402 Old 10-01-2009, 10:46 PM

OK, bathrooms are done, living room is picked up and I vacuumed. Now to the kitchen/dishes. Then bed!
#82 of 402 Old 10-01-2009, 11:02 PM

Poetry, JoAnns does 50% off regularly priced items a lot. You can get a cheap sewing machine for around 60-70 with 50% off its around 30-35. The one I have is a bit more expensive because my DH ordered it and he wanted to get me one that will grow with me (its totally computerized and has stitches for quilting that will be handy if I ever quilt). Its a great thing. If you ever get one shoot me a message and Ill help you get started. I love helping other people find a hobby they enjoy.

Ok, I didn't do anything yesterday except buy plane tickets. I did get that one day. Today I have a TON to do and this weekend as well. Oh and good news, DH has to work on Saturday so they are giving him Monday off!! It kind of sucks he has to get into uniform and go to work but its only for an hour and then he gets all of Monday off.

My to do list for today/this weekend. Im going to separate into categories to make my life easier:

Cleaning
-wash rugs- waiting on the washer to be done
- Organize clothing drawers I have to admit I only did mine and the girls. I was debating doing DH's drawers as well but he doesn't like it when I organize his stuff so Ill leave it to him.
- Organize DVDs (they are just thrown up on a bookcase right now)
- quick clean house
-Kitchen-
- Living Room
- Dining room

- 2 bathrooms
- playroom
- bedroom
-TV room- up next
- Catch up on laundry (one in dryer, one in washer and one that needs to be washed plus the rugs)
-Move appliances and sweep/mop underneth
- Put car seats back together

Sewing
- design/sew bag for car seat
-sew doll for DD2's birthday and DD1's Christmas present
- Sew some felt animals to entertain DD1 on the plane
- Sew 2 aprons for DD2's birthday party next week
- Sew 2 dresses for me
- sew crayon wallet for DD1 for plane
- Hem DD1's dresses and attach zipper/finish collar of one
- Sew one more dress for DD1 (then maybe she will be happy with the number of dresses she has and I don't have to hear "no want dress" all day)

Planning/trip Stuff
- work on home school stuff
- pack my luggage
- Make reservations for when we will be at Disney in the states (going to Cinderellas table for DD1, TRex for DH and a romantic date to celebrate DHs and my 4th anniversary)
-Print out reservations
-Send food list to my MIL so she can stop obsessing over not having things in the house that I would want to eat (she is a worrier)

Errands
- Pick up the bag of clothes someone is giving me for DD1
- Go to 100 yen store and get things for the kids to eat/play with on plane
- Go get last minute items for flight (diapers, pull ups (DD1 is potty trained but Im worried about an accident on the plane), infant tylenol, slip on shoes for DD1, socks for DD2 and wrapping paper for DD2s birthday presents)
- Order cake for DD2's party. I went to order the cake and they wanted 50.00 for a 1/4 sheet cake with Mickey Mouse ears on it. No way!! Im not spending that much money on that so Im going to buy the stuff and make a cake. 3.00 is a LOT better than 50.

Personal
- try to shake this cursed flu that is still making me ill.
-E-mail my grandma because I haven't in a really long time
- E-mail my brother since he hasn't been on in a really long time

#83 of 402 Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

OkiMom, money is tight BUT Christmas is right around the corner. $30-35 sounds extremely reasonable for a sewing machine. I've already mentioned the idea to my husband. We're tring to do something we want/need/play with/read & PJs for Christmas gifts. I'll keep an eye out for coupons. You definitely planted a seed. I think of the things I can make for Christmas gifts next year.

DONE Make bed
DONE Start a load of laundry (Wash 2-3 loads throughout day)
DONE Wash dishes
DONE--APPOINTMENT MADE Call a local doctor to be new family doctor
DONE FB Friend Requests
DONE Put food away
DONENow I am getting dinner started.

These things will be done tomorrow and/or Saturday. I'll check in with my progress.

LL PPW/fax
School loan PPW/fax
5 Minute Room Rescue in Kitchen, Livingroom and Bedroom
Email JS/LB/CH & Lisa
Exercise
Call or write Aunt Mary
#84 of 402 Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 PM

well, bathrooms done, living room done and kitchen is better-all the dishes are done, the floor is swept and mopped. I still need to clear off the counter but that's something that I often work on in the am while the kids finish breakfast. I feel much better abou tthe house!
#85 of 402 Old 10-02-2009, 12:06 AM

I'd like to jump in!

2 rooms I'm focusing on tonight:
living room
kitchen
#86 of 402 Old 10-02-2009, 12:11 AM

Poetry, if it works out I can send you a ton of tutorials for kids stuff. I rarely buy patterns because you can find so much online (and Im cheap).

Honestly I have no drive today. Im so tired. Im going to set my timer and make myself work for 15 minutes now. First up is the laundry because if I don't fold it soon Im going to have to rewash it.

#87 of 402 Old 10-02-2009, 01:10 AM

Ok still haven't done laundry but I did get the kitchen, living and dining room quick cleaned. Then DD2 wanted to nurse so I spent 45 minutes nursing her. Now on to laundry, organizing drawers and part of the packing I need to get done.

#88 of 402 Old 10-02-2009, 01:43 AM

living room is done-picked up and vaccuumed
dishwasher is running

also as a bonus got both kids room picked up, beds made, vaccuumed and hallway vaccuumed.
#89 of 402 Old 10-02-2009, 03:10 AM

Dh is home!! So, I haven't gotten much more done but at least someone else is here to answer DD1's questions. I swear that kid wants to know every when, where, who, how, and why there is. Its driving me batty.

Next up, TV room and putting laundry away. Going to get DH to iron fabric for me so I can start sewing soon.

#90 of 402 Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM

I'm going to do a couple of 15 minute spurts here this morning.

I need to do dishes and then mop the basement floor really well in one corner. (The worm bin will be going down there for the winter.) DONE, except for the worm bin. Worm bin done too!

Today I also need to clean the guest bathroom and do the sheets on my daughter's bed. Bathroom is done, I'm waiting on sheets. DONE.

It doesn't look so overwhelming when I put it on here. I can do this!

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page