Mothering Forum banner

15 minute sessions of cleaning ... anyone want to join me?

13K views 401 replies 52 participants last post by  MamaFern 
#1 ·
I saw another thread on daily accountability that looks really interesting, but right now I can only think in terms of 15 minutes at a time. I'll work my way up to the other thread.

For the first 15 minute session, I am going to make my bed and wash the dishes.

#8 ·
Okay I completed the dishes and wiping of the stove with time to spare...so I organized the recycling since it was going to overflow any second....

And I managed to fit in a shower since my DD had her in home speech today and that totally counts as a chore lol

Next I am going to have to fold some clothes that have been piled on my bed for 2 days now. Good ol DH has shoved it to the side at night to make room for him to sleep...but its better then shoving it to the floor right?

#9 ·
Congratulations, AppleMush! I'm always amazed at what I can accomplish in just 15 minutes.

I finished the last of my chores, but it seems that I will need to wipe the oven down a bit better tomorrow, as it reeks of chemical cleaner. (Why did I use chemical oven cleaner??)

Bennypai, I hope to see you back on the thread.

#10 ·
Yay Poetry! It is pretty amazing what we can accomplish isnt it??

I folded the clothes with my DD who had gotten home from school, and I still have some more to fold and put away before bed...

Tommorows yucktastic task is to scrub down my tub and clean up both bathrooms. To wipe down my blinds and go through my book/magazine shelf.

#11 ·
AppleMush, you can do it 15 minutes at a time. It's so much easier to think of cleaning in 15 minute sessions. I'm pregnant and I've been getting tired pretty easily (even though I'm 21 weeks along now), so the 15 minute sessions really work. I work and then rest or play on the computer and then do another 15 minute session.

Tomorrow I want to pack away my prepregnancy clothes (which are only depressing and take up what little closet/dresser space I have) and organize my maternity wardrobe. A few things may need to be ironed.

I need to clean my freezer out.

I also want to vacuum the living room and bedroom.

And I want to clear the clutter out of my bedroom.

These things aren't cleaning, but I need to chop and freeze some onions and also blanch and freeze some corn. And I have tomatoes that I need to either make tomato sauce or salsa with.

#12 ·
Overwhelmed by dd's school trouble last night, but still spent about 15 minutes scrubbing the oven once it was cooled. We just used my vinegar spray (5yo dd HELPED!)

Next task: scrubbing the racks. Too funny we both cleaned our ovens yesterday, Poetry.

#16 ·
Ok now I am doing 2 15 minute sets 1st is to clean my window and window sill in the dining room. (its a pretty big window so this is not fun)
quickly organize the kids art storage drawers
wipe down table legs

the second is to go through my book shelf that is also in the dining room...

Just keep swimmin!

#18 ·
I also recleaned my oven, this time to get all of the chemical cleaner out (yuck)! Besides, I learned that the self-cleaning setting works so much better and without any chemicals!

Now I'm going to clean out my freezer.

Welcome, inkedmamajama!

Great progress, ladies!

#19 ·
Update: I finished cleaning my freezer and also cleared off and wiped down my kitchen table. Then I reorganized some grains and nuts and refilled some mason jars where we store many grains, nuts and seeds.

I didn't get everything done that I wanted to today, but I'm happy with my accomplishments.

Happy cleaning~

#20 ·
Okay I got stuck on the blasted book shelf...I have few books/items on the table that need a home which is what I am going to do in the next 15 min session, along with organizing/consolodating the art supply take over thats infesting my drawers, they all go in the art supply box organizer thing, not my dining room drawers.

Lets see if I can do it with out making a fuss over it to my kids lol

Great progress mamas!

#21 ·
I really need to get the back of our house clean since someones coming to hook up internet back here (we are switching providers). So 1st 2 sessions are:
1) wash dishes, put away, make lunch, clean up after lunch
2) put away clothes (I took them down yesterday to pull out what fits the girls and never put them back) and girls books. Move clothes from the closet with the desk in it to another closet.

#22 ·
Ok, done with those two. Took me longer than I thought it would though since I ended up being distracted and helping my two year old ride her tricycle, nursing the baby and talking to DH on the phone for almost half an hour. I really don't get as much done with a phone in one hand. One good thing did come from it though, I misplaced the Beco Butterfly carrier I bought for DD1. I honestly thought I had given it away with a bag of baby stuff I gave to a woman at church. When I was moving DH's uniforms I found it! It had been mixed in with his uniforms the entire time. Now I have it to take with me on our upcoming trip!
Next three sessions are:
1) pick up the books in the TV room. Clean off the couch, put things away
2) finish cleaning off the computer desk, move the computer desk to its new home (we are rehoming it to the closet nearer to the cable outlet so the wire doesn't have to go that far).
3) Sweep/mop tv room. Switch laundry.

#23 ·
Great job Oki Mom!

I finished with the blasted book shelf and now have my back issues, and books in order. So thats 2 shelves that look pretty put together.
It took me awhile and I never got to the art box but I think thats what I am going to do right before going to bed.

Dishes and art box here I come!

#24 ·
Last two sessions for the day (boy am I tired, next time no workers come unless Im not sick).
1) sweep bedroom, clean off dresses, clean master bathroom, mop bedroom/bath
2) clean hall bathroom, clean hall, sweep/mop bathroom and hall

#25 ·
My 15-minute sessions today:
1. Clean bathroom & Scrub down shower
2. Wash dishes and scrub down the final 2 side-oven racks
3. Wipe out empty cupboard and transfer dry goods (Still moving in...) Find a home for dog & cat food.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.