October decluttering/organizing accountability! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 10-13-2009, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How's everyone doing? I'm knocking stuff off the list pretty good.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#32 of 39 Old 10-13-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
playroom
library
bedroom
dining room
basement
i previously got the playroom fantastic, but it's messy again. must.develop.habits. also must force dh to develop habits, since he's the sahp.

library, i did so much awesome work last night! i'm super happy about it although i have more to do.

bedroom, nada.

dining room, i hung the six pictures last night that have been waiting for six weeks. next i need to bring in the hutch, maybe tonight? if dh isn't too busy.

basement, blech.

i'm also doing the apartment therapy 8 week home cure. i've had the book for a while and started reading it in the past, but it's the website/blog's official fall cure, so i've got others doing it along with me! accountability is good, right? so hopefully i'll keep on track with that. i'm doing the 'green cure' mostly because i have zero money to spend, so i'll be using what i already own . . .
#33 of 39 Old 10-13-2009, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
October Goals:

1) DONE! Finish packing away prepregnancy clothes. * I also organized all of my maternity clothes.
2) DONE! Organize coupons by date now that they've been catorgorized. * I went back and alphabetized them because I found it easier and less time consuming.
3) Organize Card/Correspondance drawer.
4) Go through drawer of papers in the kitchen: file or toss.
5) Organize Control Journal (Household SOP).
6) Organize/purge items in Bathroom closet.
7) Organize cabinets in the kitchen. Organize cookbooks.
8) Go through plastic bins in bedroom and toss or put away items. Bins can be stored in spare room, as I may need them for baby items.
9) DONE! Throw away broken shoe rack.
10) Donate items to thrift Store and/or place on FreeCycle.
11) Go through numerous boxes of books and donate many of them. Be realistic. I don't need old text books and so many poetry anthologies. Keep only my favorite anthologies. Purge Self-help books, as well.
12) Go through 5 other boxes in spare room. Put Away/Give Away or Throw Away.

Well, 3 of 12 is at least something. I can't believe that we are nearly halfway through October already! I may have bitten off more than I can chew this month as far as my goals go, but time will tell. I'll just keep chipping away at the list.
#34 of 39 Old 10-14-2009, 05:53 AM

I really need to go through each of the members of my family clothes and get rid of clothes we don't need:grown out of/don't wear. sort them into a consignment pile, goodwill pile, and I guess trash pile?

Also, I have been really trying to focus on school this trimester and my desk is a disaster suited only for the study of a nutcase!

need to file & recycle all the freakin paper....arghh I feel like its burrying me.

ok. I will start on desk tomorrow. any suggestions for how you process bills and other miscellaneous paper that are not on e-bills?...

OH and I really really need to print digital photos and put them into photo albums, one down fall of the digital age, I never seem to get them printed !!
But I will save this task for when my desk is nice and clear so I can finally work in peace.

DD 12/10/04 homebirth.jpg & DS 7/25/08 h20homebirth.gif

#35 of 39 Old 10-14-2009, 11:48 AM

Wow, I haven't done anything so far. I did get most of the yard sale stuff cleaned out but that's it so far.
#36 of 39 Old 10-18-2009, 07:17 PM

I so totally [B]NEED NEED NEED NEED[B] to join this thread. My house looks like a bomb went off in it. I am so over whelmed by the total mess of it that I get so depressed that I don't even start. Looking at the other post I think doing the list thing is a good way to keep it organised in my head.

1. Go through my closet and put away the summer clothes

2. Clean off desk and file paperwork

3. Figure out how to keep the winter "stuff" near the frot door, but organised

4. Put away all the clean clothes

5. Organise knitting and yarn (oh so much yarn!!!)

6. Drop off outgrown clothes to Goodwill

7. Go through boxes in basement and purge

8. Purge ALL baby toys

9. Set up art area in playroom for DD2

10. Purge files of outdated records

I think 10 is enough to start with. What I have the hardest time with is keeping up with the clean house once I get it clean. It sees like it takes me weeks and weeks to get it clean and seconds for it to look like a truck went through it.

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
#37 of 39 Old 10-18-2009, 07:19 PM

1. Put up Halloween stuff
2. Clean closet in master bedroom

Maggie, wife and mom to three
#38 of 39 Old 10-28-2009, 10:55 PM

Today I got the refrigerator cleaned out. That has been the job I dreaded the most on my list. I think next month I'm going to tackle actually moving it and cleaning behind it. But everytime I open the refrigerator right now, I grin like a maniac. I can't believe that awful job is DONE!!!!

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#39 of 39 Old 10-29-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
playroom - total disaster. we dumped all the toys in there (former bedroom, just made it the playroom about a month ago) and haven't yet figured out where things go. have furniture, need small storage to sort things. did some work in here earlier in the month and am doing okay keeping up, but still need to get small storage so it's easier to clean up.
library - heavens to mergatroid. that's all i'm gonna say about that. awesome! my library is beautiful right now, other than the bin of randomness that dh tucked into the corner. just need to put that stuff away and it will be good again.
bedroom - really needs to be made cute, as we just moved in and it's very utilitarian right now. on the way! it looks pretty good.
dining room - i want to bring in the hutch from the garage and put things in it, definitely has to happen in october! not.done.not.happy.
eta: basement - of course i forgot the basement! thanks for the reminder, jennifer! yeah it needs to be tidied, mopped, etc. ugh, i really, really need to take care of this AND the new mt washmore at the bottom of my basement stairs.

holy crap, totally forgot about this but happy to see it popped up again! and i still have a couple days left to get it all done . . . i also signed up for the apartment therapy 8 week home cure, and i'm doing okay. not awesome, but it's still an improvement.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page