Could you, would you live in a tumbleweed or other tiny house? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 11-25-2009, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ME ME ME!!! I want one of those!!!

I'm looking at the Loring and w the optional room you could have ds's take the loft, dd take the optional room and you have the livingroom area w a futon?

Oh the Harbinger w that little sitting room? that would make a cute tiny bedroom w a draw curtain for privacy

The bigger ones even have TWO bathrooms..my house doesn't even have two bathrooms!!!

there's me, ds and dd and I would SERIOUSLY!! do it in a heartbeat! I would love nothing more then to sell all this cr*p and live on a decent size chunk of land in one of those houses! I would prob go on the bigger side and have dc on the top floor(w there own bathroom) dh and I in the bottom room I will admit.

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 11-26-2009, 12:20 PM

When we are older we want to have a large piece of land up in Northern Ontario with a very small cabin on it. I have my own vision of what the floorplan will be(about 500sq/ft). We would like to have 1-2 guest bunkies as well. The tiny tumbleweeds would work great for that.
#33 of 34 Old 11-30-2009, 01:31 PM

Personally the Tumbleweed houses make me feel claustrophobic just looking at them, though they are super cute. Im particularly bothered by the loft sleeping arragment as I hate the idea of climbing up into a tiny area to sleep. It would be cosy in winter I guess. If you were to do it you would need to build some kind of shelter/patio for rainy days- then you could cook under it outside. Moving anything that isnt absolutely neccessary outside.

But a small house, absolutely! We are in a very small 2 bedroom cottage and plan to stay here as our family grows. I want a HUGE family. Its all about layout though. We have one room as a playroom, and one is now a family closet and the other is going to be the family bedroom for now while the kids are so little. Then the play room will probably also be a bedroom for the older kids.

I reckon you should rent a caravan for a while first as its a similar set-up in a similar size. Just to get an idea of how you would be living before making such a huge investment. But if you like the tumbleweeds I say go for it. Ditch the stuff. Get really good at organization and just do it!
#34 of 34 Old 11-30-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Personally the Tumbleweed houses make me feel claustrophobic just looking at them, though they are super cute. Im particularly bothered by the loft sleeping arragment as I hate the idea of climbing up into a tiny area to sleep. It would be cosy in winter I guess. If you were to do it you would need to build some kind of shelter/patio for rainy days- then you could cook under it outside. Moving anything that isnt absolutely neccessary outside.

But a small house, absolutely! We are in a very small 2 bedroom cottage and plan to stay here as our family grows. I want a HUGE family. Its all about layout though. We have one room as a playroom, and one is now a family closet and the other is going to be the family bedroom for now while the kids are so little. Then the play room will probably also be a bedroom for the older kids.

I reckon you should rent a caravan for a while first as its a similar set-up in a similar size. Just to get an idea of how you would be living before making such a huge investment. But if you like the tumbleweeds I say go for it. Ditch the stuff. Get really good at organization and just do it!
yeah, i am with her. i lived in a 28' camper trailer for about a year ith 3 kids under 6 and DH the "stuff junkie". I guess we are ok, but i am pretty sure it took a large chunk out of my sanity. My kids seem to have that same disregard for the mess around them that you see in dogs that grew up in cramped kennels without any room to run. We now live in a house that is 672 sq ft. and we have 4 kids now. This, i can make work, but i have to stay on top of it, and be more than a little strict about what we are allowed to "keep" out of the massive piles of stuff that seems to migrate our way.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page