Mothering Forum banner

OK I challenge YOU

5K views 153 replies 35 participants last post by  sunnysandiegan 
#1 ·
Who wants to do a 100 items out by Christmas challenge????

We've done these before on here but I think its been a bit.

You can donate, sell, recycle or trash em. It doesn't count just to put it in bags. You gotta get it at least in your car/trash/front yard etc.

Anyone anyone? Bueller, Bueller??

OK I'll start:
1.lazy susan
2. book
3.book
4, 5, 6. magazine file folder things
7. candle

All in a bag in my car to go to Goodwill tomorrow!! Yeah.

#77 ·
1-25. Sippy cup/Bottle/Breastpump accessories (recycled)
26-46. Clothing that's in a donation bag in the back of the van already!
47-49. Three broken hangers in the trash
50-86. More clothing in a donation bag, and a pile of my friend's son's clothes gone back to him!
87. Wooden hoop from a needlepoint kit thrown away (rest of the kit is long gone).

#78 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
3. bag of kids books to county library
4. bag of kids books to city library - does it count if DD checked out a bags' worth immediately thereafter???

5. two large adult books returned to city library (DH took these yesterday on his own!)
6. 3 picture frames returned to Michael's today - I got them for specific things on Thanksgiving during the sale, but they didn't work out. Thanks to this challenge, I returned them ASAP instead of waiting for who knows how long!

7. 1 picture frame returned and 1 exchanged @ Aaron Bros today - I got them on Black Friday during the sale, but one didn't look right and the other was the wrong size. I was able to exchange the wrong size. I have to keep looking for the right frame for our bedroom. Thanks to this challenge, I took care of them ASAP!

8. 1 bag of toilet paper and paper towel cores for Girl Scout project - community service project that we've been saving up for since Halloween...so glad to get these out of here!
9. 2 bags of candy for GS community service project leftover from Halloween

9/100 = 9% of the way

10. dance game DD has outgrown (electronic)
11. travel desk that never worked well in any car we've traveled in (attaches to seat in front of child) - btw, my friend took it for her DD and I installed it for her and it works PERFECTLY in her car!
12. electronic cash register DD never played with
13. box of magnet toys DD & Daddy used to play with allll the time
14. book
15. - 17. 3 pairs of shoes
18. - 19. 2 pairs of jeans
20. - 25. 6 tops
26. - 30. 5 dresses
31. leotard
32. pair of kids sunglasses DD never wore
33. little kid outdoor folding chair - DD is way too big for it now
34. returned friend's son's baseball cap he left at a park playdate the week of Thanksgiving

All of the above 24 items went to my friend and she said she now has to get rid of 25 things from her house. I told her about this challenge and she may also shoot for 100 by year-end.

34/100 = 34%

#79 ·
1 -2. books mailed out.
3. DVD mailed out.
4-5. Piles of paper out of the dining room
6-9. Home-canned items that were no good.

I've got a box going to the thrift store, but that won't be until next week some time. But that gives me time to add more to the box.

#81 ·
I am now up to 130/100!!! I am purging like crazy today. I found a stack of 20magazines that needed to be recycled, got rid of 2 pieces of furniture, sorting through toys & got rid of some of the "junky" ones, found a few more things to be recycled and now I am done for the day
Once our new area rug comes in, then off with the yucky one in my living room. That will actually go in the trash since my dog chewed a hole in it. It was covered by one of the chairs, but DH said to go ahead & order the new one.

My goal is to make it to 300 things out of the house by Christmas!

DH made a comment on how nice our house is looking...more spacious! I
that

#82 ·
I can't count this, but we just moved a couch out of our living room into our "future" sitting room ... wow!!! space!!! We've had 2 couches in the living room for nearly 10 months, and I'm so psyched to only have one again!

(now, I'm just waiting on freecyclers to count more stuff)

--janis

#83 ·
Quote:

10. dance game DD has outgrown (electronic)
11. travel desk that never worked well in any car we've traveled in (attaches to seat in front of child) - btw, my friend took it for her DD and I installed it for her and it works PERFECTLY in her car!
12. electronic cash register DD never played with
13. box of magnet toys DD & Daddy used to play with allll the time
14. book
15. - 17. 3 pairs of shoes
18. - 19. 2 pairs of jeans
20. - 25. 6 tops
26. - 30. 5 dresses
31. leotard
32. pair of kids sunglasses DD never wore
33. little kid outdoor folding chair - DD is way too big for it now
34. returned friend's son's baseball cap he left at a park playdate the week of Thanksgiving

All of the above 24 items went to my friend and she said she now has to get rid of 25 things from her house. I told her about this challenge and she may also shoot for 100 by year-end.

34/100 = 34%

35. recycled a cardboard box lid (It has been holding items in our project room, which we rearranged today.)
36. - 40. about 5 full-size planks' worth of small pieces (more than a dozen) of our cork flooring we'd been keeping since installation back in June/July
41. ripped air mattress that we attempted to fix already

DH & I worked diligently on our project room today and DD came in every so often to help out or see what was up. She is giving away a full Trofast bin of toys she has outgrown. This room was our "playroom" when she was younger and we kept four bins of toys in here of hers. She also pared down her Playdough and affiliated toys from a "medium" bin to a "small" bin. Her yarn crafts, though, have grown from one "medium" bin to two.
I'll count everything once it all leaves our home...

41/100 = 41% of goal

#85 ·
about 30 VHS tapes, I forgot to count them. But I am so happy they are gone. We decided about 8 of them we would like on DVD, so I made a wish list on amazon and figure birthdays, etc will be easy for the grandparents.

so that puts me to 54/100. So happy. Still more to go though.

#86 ·
I tried to remember a lot of the items I threw away, but I lost track after a while. I just got on a roll and kept going! Almost to the 250 mark! I have a jewelry party at my house on Thurs and have so much to do before then. I want to finish decluttering DD's room, above the kitchen cabinets, and the toyroom tomorrow. Tuesday I want to bake all the cookies for the party. Wednesday is shampooing the couch/carpets and more baking.

1-25. Sippy cup/Bottle/Breastpump accessories (recycled)
26-46. Clothing that's in a donation bag in the back of the van already!
47-49. Three broken hangers in the trash
50-86. More clothing in a donation bag, and a pile of my friend's son's clothes gone back to him!
87. Wooden hoop from a needlepoint kit thrown away (rest of the kit is long gone).
88-125. Junk/old mail GONE!
126-130. Lighters...why we have 5 when we're not smokers is beyond me!
131-137. Old connector tips from a universal laptop adapter.
138- 139. One canvas, and one wicker storage bin. If they're gone, they can't collect more junk for me to purge!

140. Disney princess "wii" style game that the bunny ate the cord to.
141. Binder for family budgets- we keep it on the PC now.
142-242. Various other items from our bookcase (I got rid of over 100 items from here alone!) and DD's bedroom.

#87 ·
In the truck & will be delivered to homes tomorrow:
25 VHS tapes
10 puzzles/games
1 set of twin sheets that are super ugly
12 various toys that I sneaked out of the house from my 2 year old

178/300 I know I can make it!

I LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!!

#88 ·
Quote:

35. recycled a cardboard box lid (It has been holding items in our project room, which we rearranged today.)
36. - 40. about 5 full-size planks' worth of small pieces (more than a dozen) of our cork flooring we'd been keeping since installation back in June/July
41. ripped air mattress that we attempted to fix already

DH & I worked diligently on our project room today and DD came in every so often to help out or see what was up. She is giving away a full Trofast bin of toys she has outgrown. This room was our "playroom" when she was younger and we kept four bins of toys in here of hers. She also pared down her Playdough and affiliated toys from a "medium" bin to a "small" bin. Her yarn crafts, though, have grown from one "medium" bin to two.
I'll count everything once it all leaves our home...

41/100 = 41% of goal

No charity drop-off yet, but we did get some recycling/freecycling taken care of today.

42. lamp box - recycled - The project room is finally finished and I got to put my new OTT-LITE in place and out of the box! (I found it for such a deal months ago and it works perfectly for sewing!)
43. cardboard dresser - freecycled - I had been using it for sewing notions (awkward) and we played "musical furniture" recently, so I moved the thread and safety pins and other sewing notions to a cabinet and put the items from the cabinet into a bookcase that came out of DD's room.
44. bag of recycling from around the house

44/100 = 44% of goal

#89 ·
53. juiceman, acquired probably 10 years ago - finally decided to let it go to freecycle after never using it
54-74. a bunch of stuffed animals and a couple games - I had a major purge with the girls last week, and forced them to get rid of a bunch of their stuffed animals. They aren't happy with me, still, but I am tired of them holding onto so much crap. I feel a lot better about it since the animals went to a charity. In the past, I've been sentimental and kept "my" favorites, but this time, I was heartless! yay me!

#93 ·
Quote:

No charity drop-off yet, but we did get some recycling/freecycling taken care of today.

42. lamp box - recycled - The project room is finally finished and I got to put my new OTT-LITE in place and out of the box! (I found it for such a deal months ago and it works perfectly for sewing!)
43. cardboard dresser - freecycled - I had been using it for sewing notions (awkward) and we played "musical furniture" recently, so I moved the thread and safety pins and other sewing notions to a cabinet and put the items from the cabinet into a bookcase that came out of DD's room.
44. bag of recycling from around the house

44/100 = 44% of goal

45. We finally started using our new crockpot (amazing 3-in-1 version!) and since it works, I recycled the majority of the box. Some of the packaging had to be trashed, though.
This box was HUGE and frees up a nice amount of space in our bedroom!
(It has been there since Black Friday, when we got it....regular price is $70+ depending on where you buy it and we got it for $27 brand new. Our old one needed replacing due to the finish wearing off of the crock interior and because it isn't quite big enough for us.)
46. I asked several neighbors if they needed the rest of our tube of construction adhesive and no one did. So, I tossed the tube and plastic and the rags I used into the trash. I recycled the box lid I had dragged the whole kit and caboodle around in while I finished adhering cabinet pieces and transition strips over the weekend.

46/100 = 46% of goal

#94 ·
76. bag of kitchen extras to freecycle
77. pretty but unneeded bud vase to freecycle
78-79. 2 items to Buffalo Exchange (leather corset from the 80's & post maternity blue jeans that are too big now) ... exchanged for 3 item that i WILL wear.

#96 ·
I gotta tell ya that Goodwill is making my life so much easier. We live about 25 miles from an actual store. Recently they brought down two of their portable donation buildings. They put one on the west end and one on the east end of town. SO awesome. I don't care about the receipts, I never ask for them.

Anyway I am off to do a closet I'd been putting off. Pretty sure I'm gonna hit my 100 with it YEAH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.