Mothering Forum banner

OK I challenge YOU

5K views 153 replies 35 participants last post by  sunnysandiegan 
#1 ·
Who wants to do a 100 items out by Christmas challenge????

We've done these before on here but I think its been a bit.

You can donate, sell, recycle or trash em. It doesn't count just to put it in bags. You gotta get it at least in your car/trash/front yard etc.

Anyone anyone? Bueller, Bueller??

OK I'll start:
1.lazy susan
2. book
3.book
4, 5, 6. magazine file folder things
7. candle

All in a bag in my car to go to Goodwill tomorrow!! Yeah.

#2 ·
Ooo - I'll do it. I might forget to come back and count. I always do a big clean out in November or December.

Right now:
3 kid's games/puzzles
about 20 adult books
a vase
seater and shirt

More to come!

ETA: One bag of books from the younger's room (maybe 15 books)

ETA: Bag of books from the older's room. Maybe another 15 books.

I can't wait to tackle the toys! And kitchen clutter.

#5 ·
I might be game to this...

We always go through things in rotation anyway, so I have a pile in the bottom of my closet. A couple items got added today. DD & I need to go through her clothes this weekend, too. Over the next few weeks, I have the office to go through.

#6 ·
I haven't joined in a challenge in a long time, so I'm in

I'll have dh load the things I have gathered already into the car tonight, to drop off tomorrow when we're out. So far it's:

1 bag of unused toys (8items!)
1 bag of clothing for donation (big bag, so I'll count it as 3 because it's a LOT of stuff!)

1 bag of paper clutter that i'm gathering off my desk *right now*

#7 ·
Me too.
1. at least 100 items of baby clothes getting sold today at a childrens sale
2. leg and wrist weights
3. Childrens game
4. garbage bag full of tons of old cd's and cassette tapes
5. Duffle bag
6. Old sleeping bag
7. tons of old papers from school
So far so good

#9 ·
8. HUGE mirror-its one of those what was I thinkin things
9. Another black mirror
10. a pair of sconces
11. Another mirror DO YOU SEE A PROBLEM? I musta had mirror fever a few years back LOL.

All loaded ready to go to goodwill today YEAH

I feel lighter already because the the mirrors being gone

#12 ·
ME!! I can do this fairly easy since I am already thinking about what I can purge out of my house.

BRING IT ON

#14 ·
Oh, me! I need to get rid of some stuff. We just had a yard sale too. It didn't seem to make a dent.

Okay, in a box by the front door (since it's raining and DH has the car today!) for the thrift store ...

14 books
8 cloth diapers
7 dish towels
4 pairs of shoes
1 humidifier

36 things already! Counting is pretty darn motivating!

2 gifted baby outfits
2 sample cans of formula for the food bank

So that's 40.

#19 ·
I think I have about 100 items in my garage, does it count if I just move them into the car? If not:

1-3 burnt out candles
4-5 broken/unusable Christmas ornaments

#21 ·
100 pieces of recycling today!

1-5. boxes of paper & cardboard recycling
6-9. boxes of bottles & other city dropoff recycling
10. dumped a few jars & cans of "old" pantry items (need to get rid of the jars still)

yay for husbands!

unfortunately, today is a shopping day, so more stuff came in than went out ...

#22 ·
So far, I have about 75 items of children's clothing to bring to donation/give to friends & 13 things for the trash since they can't be recycled/donated.

When I finish with the clothing, I am going to try & tackle the toys...that may have to wait until tomorrow though. I'm getting tired.

#24 ·
EVERYTHING counts. We are here for motivation and encouragment. And OK to be honest we get to brag a bit to people who appreciate our work.

I just cleaned out my freezer and threw away old freezer burnt veggies, buns, bags with like 3 french fries, etc. I give myself 10 points for that.

So my current total is 21.

This is fun. I have all the boxes of our christmas decorations down from the attic in the garage. I have four boxes, not big ones. Lights, ornaments, stockings, tree skirt, etc are in those boxes. Most of the ornaments are the kids. Oh I forgot one box was left up in the attic...those darn Village pieces. Another what were you thinking purchase. I would rather just use greens, candles and pinecones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.