what is something you've brought into your house lately... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Organize & Declutter > what is something you've brought into your house lately...
siennaflower's Avatar siennaflower 04:33 PM 12-02-2009
New clothes. Dropping the baby weight!!

orangefoot's Avatar orangefoot 11:54 PM 12-02-2009
A chair. We rent an office in a small building in town and this was abandoned by a business which moved out of the room next door. The owner didn't want it and was happy for us to have it.

Like this one but not leather- blue cotton cover. I re-arranged our living room to fit it in but it is a better chair for our life right now than the antique sprung chair that we had in the room before.

I can actually sit on it and put my feet comfortably on the ground which at 5'0" is a really unusual thing to find! It is wide enough for me and the girls to sit in it and read a book and it bounces a bit when you sit on it. I don't regret it at all.
bezark's Avatar bezark 12:39 PM 12-03-2009
These chairs. I got 10 of them to use as dining room chairs.
We don't have a dining room right now, or even space for a kitchen table (just a breakfast bar), but we will when we move in Feb/March.
Now I'm on the hunt for the perfect table.
Juvysen's Avatar Juvysen 01:08 PM 12-03-2009
Extra cat litter box. The cat had decided the floor was the place to pee, but a round of antibiotics and a new litter box seems to have solved that
Danidama's Avatar Danidama 02:51 PM 12-03-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bezark View Post
These chairs. I got 10 of them to use as dining room chairs.
We don't have a dining room right now, or even space for a kitchen table (just a breakfast bar), but we will when we move in Feb/March.
Now I'm on the hunt for the perfect table.
Awesome! Sea green has been my favorite color all my life :-D any shade of it, even pastels. Those chairs remind me of lunch chairs from elementary school. They are cool. I had no idea one could acquire those type for themselves! I wonder where your perfect table could be...

The most recent things I can think of that I've brought in that I absolutely love are two super-soft long sleeved yoga shirts from tranquil space, mt favorite vinyasa yoga studio down the road. 8^D loooooove them! I'm wearing one right now, of course.
beansmama's Avatar beansmama 05:07 PM 12-03-2009
A huge drying rack (that is now a permanent fixture in our living room) and a portable (it hooks up to the sink) washing machine. It's big and ugly and in our kitchen - but it's so much better than climbing up and down our apartment stairs to the laundry mat.

Did I mention I'm saving $40+ a month on laundry?
mommaof3boz's Avatar mommaof3boz 08:47 PM 12-03-2009
SO many awesome things...blessings for so many folks.
LessTraveledBy's Avatar LessTraveledBy 02:07 PM 12-04-2009
A Soda stream machine for making carbonated water. Very much against my ideas of hat I want in the kitchen. However, it was either dh carrying carbonated water home from the store in plastic bottles, with extra chemicals in it, or the machine so dh can make his water in a glass bottle. Oh.... and it was his birthday gift. So, while normally this would not have been something I would have wanted, I am actually happy about it.

I just got rid of my huge, stinky industrial sewing machine, so at least something much bigger left the house.
OkiMom's Avatar OkiMom 02:23 PM 12-04-2009
My mother in law bought both my girls two outfits and two pairs of pjs for cold weather as well as a sweater each. The girls had no cold weather stuff since where we live its really tropical weather and doesn't really get cold so we needed warmer clothes for when we visit.
1  2

Up