what is something you've brought into your house lately... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 12-02-2009, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New clothes. Dropping the baby weight!!
#32 of 39 Old 12-02-2009, 10:54 PM

A chair. We rent an office in a small building in town and this was abandoned by a business which moved out of the room next door. The owner didn't want it and was happy for us to have it.

Like this one but not leather- blue cotton cover. I re-arranged our living room to fit it in but it is a better chair for our life right now than the antique sprung chair that we had in the room before.

I can actually sit on it and put my feet comfortably on the ground which at 5'0" is a really unusual thing to find! It is wide enough for me and the girls to sit in it and read a book and it bounces a bit when you sit on it. I don't regret it at all.
#33 of 39 Old 12-03-2009, 11:39 AM

These chairs. I got 10 of them to use as dining room chairs.
We don't have a dining room right now, or even space for a kitchen table (just a breakfast bar), but we will when we move in Feb/March.
Now I'm on the hunt for the perfect table.
#34 of 39 Old 12-03-2009, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Extra cat litter box. The cat had decided the floor was the place to pee, but a round of antibiotics and a new litter box seems to have solved that

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#35 of 39 Old 12-03-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezark View Post
These chairs. I got 10 of them to use as dining room chairs.
We don't have a dining room right now, or even space for a kitchen table (just a breakfast bar), but we will when we move in Feb/March.
Now I'm on the hunt for the perfect table.
Awesome! Sea green has been my favorite color all my life :-D any shade of it, even pastels. Those chairs remind me of lunch chairs from elementary school. They are cool. I had no idea one could acquire those type for themselves! I wonder where your perfect table could be...

The most recent things I can think of that I've brought in that I absolutely love are two super-soft long sleeved yoga shirts from tranquil space, mt favorite vinyasa yoga studio down the road. 8^D loooooove them! I'm wearing one right now, of course.

"Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion."-Thich Nhat Hanh 
#36 of 39 Old 12-03-2009, 04:07 PM

A huge drying rack (that is now a permanent fixture in our living room) and a portable (it hooks up to the sink) washing machine. It's big and ugly and in our kitchen - but it's so much better than climbing up and down our apartment stairs to the laundry mat.

Did I mention I'm saving $40+ a month on laundry?
#37 of 39 Old 12-03-2009, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
SO many awesome things...blessings for so many folks.
#38 of 39 Old 12-04-2009, 01:07 PM

A Soda stream machine for making carbonated water. Very much against my ideas of hat I want in the kitchen. However, it was either dh carrying carbonated water home from the store in plastic bottles, with extra chemicals in it, or the machine so dh can make his water in a glass bottle. Oh.... and it was his birthday gift. So, while normally this would not have been something I would have wanted, I am actually happy about it.

I just got rid of my huge, stinky industrial sewing machine, so at least something much bigger left the house.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#39 of 39 Old 12-04-2009, 01:23 PM

My mother in law bought both my girls two outfits and two pairs of pjs for cold weather as well as a sweater each. The girls had no cold weather stuff since where we live its really tropical weather and doesn't really get cold so we needed warmer clothes for when we visit.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page