The Challenge-Are YOU Up For It?? - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 548 Old 01-28-2010, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
I sure hope so! This thread has been so amazingly good for me (and a lot of other's I imagine too). Especially since we are a family of four living in just over 800 square feet it made an enormous impact in just keeping things functioning smoothly on a day to day basis.

I think the next challenge should be slightly different. Keep with the penalty thing, but something more along the lines of maintenance/routines??? I don't know, what do you think?
I agree. I don't need to declutter (I don't have that much stuff!)
What I need is someone to bust my butt about keeping the house clean!

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#542 of 548 Old 01-28-2010, 08:35 PM

Hello all!

I've been taking the clutter challenge to heart, and my dh has joined forces with me in a remarkable display of patience with my clearing urges!

I just wrote about our experience of your challenge on my Mama Renew blog on Mothering.

http://mothering.com/sarahjuliusson/

Thank you, Mommaof3boz, for the nudge & inspiration. And to those of you who came upon this thread too late for this month's challenge - you can start at any time! February works well too (and there are less days = less items!)

Blessings,
Sarah
#543 of 548 Old 01-29-2010, 02:21 PM

I wish I would have seen this thread. I avoid this forum since I am a clutter mess. This sounds like something I can handle. What is the next thread going to be since it is almost the end of the month? I will join in then.
#544 of 548 Old 01-30-2010, 03:43 PM

Okay, please post suggestions for Feb.

I'm thinking keep with penalties: 5 items out for every single item brought into the house
construct (if you don't have one already) and carry out a maintenance plan/routine 5 out of every 7 days??? I usually have one unscheduled day a week and then there's one day in case of emergency/sickness etc.

what do you think? more/less/different ???

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#545 of 548 Old 01-30-2010, 05:05 PM

What do you mean by routines? Like cleaning routines?

Leslie, open-hearted mama to 3.5 yr old dd and almost 1 yr ds
#546 of 548 Old 01-30-2010, 08:32 PM

I think cleaning routines, yes. Something like setting a schedule and sticking to it. Or a list of deep cleaning and little cleaning projects to get done by the end of the month (for example, I NEVER clean my windows. They have blinds that rarely get pulled up so I don't think about it. Or, cleaning the trash cans? I never do that. Or vacuuming once a week or scrubbing floors?)

I don't know. I just know that I don't have enough things to get rid of 5 things a day for a month. I would have no stuff!

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#547 of 548 Old 02-01-2010, 07:16 PM
wje

I just wanted to post and say for the record that I actually succeeded in this challenge.

I decluttered about 300 items this past month and feel great about it!
Thanks for the opportunity to get rid of stuff I don't need.
Wendi
#548 of 548 Old 02-04-2010, 10:04 AM
air

I went thru my boxes of materials and made 3 cloth diapers and insert for a friend who took in a baby and is caring for him. I am going thru it today to make some cloth diapers for another friends baby shower. I figured I should use it up since I spent $ on it and have no extra $ for gifts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page